thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ohio5pt7

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If you have a 5.7 I am calling serious ******** on getting 24 MPG, i have done a couple decent highway trips and only got 19-20
That's cool I've shown it in multiple threads not beating that horse anymore. Your welcome to your opinion though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk all grammar errors brought you by fat fingers and auto correct.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's cool I've shown it in multiple threads not beating that horse anymore. Your welcome to your opinion though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk all grammar errors brought you by fat fingers and auto correct.

come on man, people really gonna believe you're getting the V6 3.6 numbers with a 5.7.....not possible. please next tell you also have hellcat horsepower too

OP
OP
Ohio5pt7

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
come on man, people really gonna believe you're getting the V6 3.6 numbers with a 5.7.....not possible. please next tell you also have hellcat horsepower too
Its more than possible just because your driving habits don't allow it doesn't mean anything. Infact there are multiple members with better mpg. Again not beating this horse and to be honest no one cares that you dont believe it. So unless you have something relevant to the topic at hand do us all the favor of not commenting.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its more than possible just because your driving habits don't allow it doesn't mean anything. Infact there are multiple members with better mpg. Again not beating this horse and to be honest no one cares that you dont believe it. So unless you have something relevant to the topic at hand do us all the favor of not commenting.

i have commented in several threads about MPGs, no matter my driving habits it was always around low 12s, then i got a custom tune and it went up around 3 MPG. and I've even done tests at what the best optimum RPM range to run in to get the best MPG. as this is open forum i will call BS when i see it, NOW I wont comment again if you go and take a picture of your dash with your AVG. MPG and post it. I'd really like to see 24 MPG

OP
OP
Ohio5pt7

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i have commented in several threads about MPGs, no matter my driving habits it was always around low 12s, then i got a custom tune and it went up around 3 MPG. and I've even done tests at what the best optimum RPM range to run in to get the best MPG. as this is open forum i will call BS when i see it, NOW I wont comment again if you go and take a picture of your dash with your AVG. MPG and post it. I'd really like to see 24 MPG
Not near my truck at the moment but here are some of the mpgs others are getting including one of the short trips I had on my way to work. Again if you're getting around 12 that's your habits. My truck lives on the highway 100+ miles of highway to 2 miles of 35mph with 1 stop. Stock was a little lower and it went up with the vararam. Either way like I said believe what you want but just because your not getting it doesn't mean it cant be done

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/whats-your-best-mpg.137753/page-2Screenshot_20191221-141637_Samsung Internet.jpegScreenshot_20191221-141255_Samsung Internet.jpegScreenshot_20191221-141014_Samsung Internet.jpeg

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so thats what your truck says at this moment, just on eco run u did

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have often wondered if the painted bumper is better for MPG over the chrome.
I have the chrome and can drive though a light rain and over 2/3 of the bumper is completely dry - not even a sign any water has hit is.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
after you do any exhaust mods you will not run want in eco mode, so annoying

OP
OP
Ohio5pt7

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
after you do any exhaust mods you will not run want in eco mode, so annoying
I have a x pipe muffler delete the eco sounds like garbage but suprising at highway speeds it doesn't drone that bad so I let it go. I compare not letting it go into eco and I could only pull about 19-20 average

Brontegroup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Definitely chrome bumpers give better mileage, 2-3 mpg in some cases. That is why the oil companies lobbied the car makers to switch to painted bumpers. Now they sell more gas...

OP
OP
Ohio5pt7

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Definitely chrome bumpers give better mileage, 2-3 mpg in some cases. That is why the oil companies lobbied the car makers to switch to painted bumpers. Now they sell more gas...
Not saying I dont believe it but do have any links that prove it. I'd be interested in seeing it. I would argue that if I would clay bar my painted bumper and give it a good polish I would be better off since it weighs less? And being 1 solid piece instead of needing the upper valance it's more aerodynamic.

HM_SanDiego

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Hydro/Laser Blue CC Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have a 5.7 I am calling serious ******** on getting 24 MPG, i have done a couple decent highway trips and only got 19-20

I drove 400+ miles each way from So Cal to AZ and back in November - got 23+ mpg on the trip to AZ and 22+ mpg on the way home - cruise set at 75 - 2018 Ram Crew Sport 2wd

Lonnie Howell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will agree by Newton's law that makes since at first glance. But here is my logic and it may be wrong. Stock for stock advantage 3.21. Add the weight and the mechanical advantage of the 3.92 closes the gap or possibly takes lead. But the add hp and tq make more power at that same speed with less effort which means it should drink less gas? I'll wait and see how it does and maybe I can get in touch with someone with the 3.92s that's stock performance wise and we can compare if my theory is correct.

Most of the time in a NA engine if you making more power then you are burning more fuel. The factory engineers have already made these NA engines as fuel efficient as possible. Any modifications made now are using more fuel to make more power.

As for a 3.92 gear all its going to do shift where your optimized power and economy will be. I could get 25-30 mpg on the highway at 70 mpg with the stock gearing but when I switched to the 3.92 it was optimal around 55-60 mph, any faster then that the mpg would start falling.

OP
OP
Ohio5pt7

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Most of the time in a NA engine if you making more power then you are burning more fuel. The factory engineers have already made these NA engines as fuel efficient as possible. Any modifications made now are using more fuel to make more power.

As for a 3.92 gear all its going to do shift where your optimized power and economy will be. I could get 25-30 mpg on the highway at 70 mpg with the stock gearing but when I switched to the 3.92 it was optimal around 55-60 mph, any faster then that the mpg would start falling.
Makes since. Dont let anyone see you got 25-30 miles all hell will break lose lol. I see what you mean though.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
That is really pretty high. I am thrilled when I hit 20 mpg and it has taken some work to hit that.
My 3.92 geared outdoorsman only got 17 highway stock.

After lowering the front 1" and putting some underbelly parts on, I can sometimes hit 20 mpg now at 74 mph. A good cross frontal headwind will drop me to as low as 12 mpg (lowest).
I have never gotten 20mpg--maybe 20kpg and i am stock, not too heavy on the pedal. Yes, it is older but if I got 20mpg it would be all downhill with the wind behind me.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have never gotten 20mpg--maybe 20kpg and i am stock, not too heavy on the pedal. Yes, it is older but if I got 20mpg it would be all downhill with the wind behind me.
On my truck anyway--when you hit the reset it will start super high say 50 or so and then start backing down until it gets to where it should be-sometimes it starts at zero and climbs to where it should be. Im not going to call bs but none of my buddies are getting over 20mpg-maybe its canadian gas. But I could click a pic on mine showing 45mpg before it makes its adjustment it takes about 60 seconds for it to dial all the way down to the real reading. Maybe I will do it for fun someday and get everyone aggetated!!

OP
OP
Ohio5pt7

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
On my truck anyway--when you hit the reset it will start super high say 50 or so and then start backing down until it gets to where it should be-sometimes it starts at zero and climbs to where it should be. Im not going to call bs but none of my buddies are getting over 20mpg-maybe its canadian gas. But I could click a pic on mine showing 45mpg before it makes its adjustment it takes about 60 seconds for it to dial all the way down to the real reading. Maybe I will do it for fun someday and get everyone aggetated!!
One is a short 40mi trip I had right after a fill up but the other 2 are several hundreds of miles. Granted mine are 3.21s and so are the other 2 trucks but you can get good mileage out of these trucks. I average about 24mpg out of a tank if I dont tow anything that tank but I'd say 1% if my driving isnt highway. Screenshot_20191221-141637_Samsung Internet.jpegScreenshot_20191221-141255_Samsung Internet.jpegScreenshot_20191221-141014_Samsung Internet.jpeg

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You are showing different EVIC s in each pic. One has an odo reading of 27000miles and the next pic show an odo of 3766miles . Now I call BS--You cant be trusted by me anyway. I still think you hit re-set and took a pic when it fell down. Either way
One is a short 40mi trip I had right after a fill up but the other 2 are several hundreds of miles. Granted mine are 3.21s and so are the other 2 trucks but you can get good mileage out of these trucks. I average about 24mpg out of a tank if I dont tow anything that tank but I'd say 1% if my driving isnt highway. View attachment 189735View attachment 189736View attachment 189737
Hey if your getting that kind of MPG consider yourself lucky--because I dont!!!

OP
OP
Ohio5pt7

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You are showing different EVIC s in each pic. One has an odo reading of 27000miles and the next pic show an odo of 3766miles . Now I call BS--You cant be trusted by me anyway. I still think you hit re-set and took a pic when it fell down. Either way
Congratulations captain obvious. I stated they were different trucks showing multiple ppl get good mileage. You gotta be a special kinda stupid to think you proved something there. Hell even the person who posted the photos name is on it. Smfh this is why the IQ continues to plummet. You should ask santa for some common sense.