thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just reread your post-you did say it was from different trucks-my appology--however I dont think my truck will ever see those mpgs-but I still love it!!!

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Congratulations captain obvious. I stated they were different trucks showing multiple ppl get good mileage. You gotta be a special kinda stupid to think you proved something there. Hell even the person who posted the photos name is on it. Smfh this is why the IQ continues to plummet. You should ask santa for some common sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk all grammar errors brought you by fat fingers and auto correct.
No need to be a DINK --I dont need to travel but I will!!

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well-do you want me to come and stay the night?

OP
OP
Ohio5pt7

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Kinda weird to ask a stranger to stay the night dont ya think

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk all grammar errors brought you by fat fingers and auto correct.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have friends in OHIO who dont think I am some kind of stupid. Do You?

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Merry Christmas and watch your tongue Ohio5pt7

OP
OP
Ohio5pt7

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Merry Christmas and watch your tongue Ohio5pt7
[emoji848]...[emoji108][emoji300]

OP
OP
Ohio5pt7

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Beware forum members there is an internet badass in our presence.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Beware forum members there is an internet badass in our presence.

i still want to see a picture of the current MPG on the truck as of today

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The painted bumper has to be more aerodynamic than the chrome.

I can see 22-24 mpg on a 2WD with 3.21's being fairly common.

I can pull 28-30 mpg - @ 45-50 mph, on absolute level ground with zero wind from any direction and not stopping w/3.92's.

24 mpg with a 4X4 Crew Cab would be one the best in the range of 4X4 hemi 1500's. I would say it is in the top 1% of trucks - there always are those freak vehicles that perform just a bit better. OR someone does a lot of drafting.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Or his EVIC is full of it.

Merry Christmas!

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
1st I can believe if you are on flat and open highway with no head winds or side winds and are keeping your speed down then 24 would be possible with cruise control. But if you are pedal driving and any amount of traffic the slight changes made in throttle will each that mileage up. I assume very few of us get to travel any real distance in which there is not some evlivation change greater than 150 - 200 ft at least or where you can lock cruise control at 70 or 72 and not have to change you speed for one reason or another for an extended period. I know that I can get 17-18 at 75+mph heading over the west end of the Mass Pike, if you do not know it, it has some large elevation changes, is only 2 lane in each direction, so traffic plays into it as well.

As for increasing mileage you need to decrease the drag on the truck. Lowering it will help. Additional skid pans / bottom plating will also decrease the drag, as will a sloped back cap on the bed with the gaps between cab and cap filled with weather stripping or similar. As for the steel vs painted bumper, based on visuals and water trace lines I see on these trucks, the painted bumper would be more efficient, particularly as it has that heavy chin splitter and wants to push air around the front fairly smoothly.

However, I am also from the school of thought..If you want fuel mileage then do not buy a truck, cause there is just no way to make a brick still look like a brick and be aerodynamic. The changes to make it truly efficient would make it no longer look like a brick.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ohio5pt7

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The painted bumper has to be more aerodynamic than the chrome.

I can see 22-24 mpg on a 2WD with 3.21's being fairly common.

I can pull 28-30 mpg - @ 45-50 mph, on absolute level ground with zero wind from any direction and not stopping w/3.92's.

24 mpg with a 4X4 Crew Cab would be one the best in the range of 4X4 hemi 1500's. I would say it is in the top 1% of trucks - there always are those freak vehicles that perform just a bit better. OR someone does a lot of drafting.
I do quite a bit of drafting typically cruise is set on 65 and again my truck sees 100 miles highway to 1 mile 35mph. I dont do any real city driving. I also haven't driven much lately as I've been driving our malibu. I plan to post the pic of the evic but right now its sitting at like 40 miles in on that tank so that proves nothing since I posted I've pulled 30.3 on a 40 mile trip lol.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, I could see where you could see that kind of mileage with 3.21's @ 65 mph and some drafting on a flat (Ohio) road with no wind - you are barely above 1200 rpms or so at that speed.

Does wind affect your truck much? Mine is very sensitive to a frontal side wind.

OP
OP
Ohio5pt7

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ok, I could see where you could see that kind of mileage with 3.21's @ 65 mph and some drafting on a flat (Ohio) road with no wind - you are barely above 1200 rpms or so at that speed.

Does wind affect your truck much? Mine is very sensitive to a frontal side wind.
It does effect it. But that's when drafting and tucking behind semis becomes my norm.

R

Rampower2012

I agree you put biger tire and rim you are going to lous the MPG you are going to have more rolling mass to move down the road and more efert from a dead stop just to get moving

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK so now I'm here to debunk this MPG BS once a for all, all hes doing with the high MPG is within a "TRIP" not overall what the truck is actually getting... big difference here. now not sure on his cluster gauge but on mine you can reset the "TRIP" but you cannot reset the overall what the life of the truck has been getting. Now i reset my "TRIP" and the AVG. went way up over the course of the tank i filled up BUT my overall lifetime is still around 12.5-14. I guarantee the life of his truck is nowhere close to 23 unless he lives 2 ft from the offramp and his work is about the same and its never seen a city road

OP
OP
Ohio5pt7

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
OK so now I'm here to debunk this MPG BS once a for all, all hes doing with the high MPG is within a "TRIP" not overall what the truck is actually getting... big difference here. now not sure on his cluster gauge but on mine you can reset the "TRIP" but you cannot reset the overall what the life of the truck has been getting. Now i reset my "TRIP" and the AVG. went way up over the course of the tank i filled up BUT my overall lifetime is still around 12.5-14. I guarantee the life of his truck is nowhere close to 23 unless he lives 2 ft from the offramp and his work is about the same and its never seen a city road
I never said over the life of the truck I said per tank if i dont tow that tank. And yes my house and work both are within a 1/4 mile of the highway. I filled up this morning before work reset the trip as I normally do to see what I get for the tank. Just got to work and here is what at. I dont have anything to prove I didnt buy the truck for mpg. And I dont have the same driving conditions as most. Literally my truck lives on the highway and since I drive in crap traffic dayton to Cincinnati average speed is a little under 60mph. 20200113_074541.jpeg

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
right, once again its a "trip' not an average everyday normal driving day, you must have some kind of unicorn truck there, cause i see u post before about towing and only getting 11 mpg, thats a pretty big swing in mpg, i tow a 6000 lb boat on the highway and i only vary a couple mpg from normal not 13mpg, thats unheard of