Three Weeks Ago I Loved my New 2015 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Good luck keeping the oil in the front axle.

The cv axles don't physically go inside the front diff. The cv axles are splined and slide onto stub shafts. Either way it's not a smart thing to start yanking axles on your new truck when you still have warranty.

I don't know why they would go through the hassle of replacing the boot. We usually just replace the axle at work and they're pretty much always in stock.

ohiogrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 CCSB, 2011 ccsb, 2012 5500, 2016 5500, 2017 ccsb wxpress
Engine
4.7, 4.7, 6.7, 6.7, 5.7
I don't know why they would go through the hassle of replacing the boot. We usually just replace the axle at work and they're pretty much always in stock.

Agreed. Replacing the boot is a waste of effort. Plus, once the boot breaks you inevitably ha be water/dirt in the joint and it never seems to take long before the joint goes bad anyway. At my shop we won't even waste time on doing boots, replace the whole thing and move on. I would actually demand it in his case

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The cv axles don't physically go inside the front diff. The cv axles are splined and slide onto stub shafts. Either way it's not a smart thing to start yanking axles on your new truck when you still have warranty.

Now I remember... It has been a while since I've seen the front axle from a 1500 ram.

BMD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 x1 and 2014 x2
Engine
Hemi
Glad out dealerships here don't suck!

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Usless posts as usual.

Main reason its taking a while is you just want the boot. That's that cheap way out for them to fix it and usually 95% of the time if a boot goes bad you replace the CV axle. Its faster and more common in the long run. REplacing the boot I bet a bunch of crap got in there and got contaminated. I hope they flush it out and repack it with grease. You buy the CV axle its all ready to go. With power tools and lift maybe 1 hour max to replace. With just the boot they have to take it out task the boot off, hope its cleaned out and regreased then boot back on then back in the truck. Yeah no its the dealer and we all know they suck.

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
remember the seat covers are actual covers

take them off and really go at the spots with a degreaser,

it will clean up 500x easier then if you were trying 2 clean it on the cushion

KarL45

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express quad cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 MDS
Patience/ Courtesy

Guess in the end, I would suggest a little patience, and courtesy. If in the end, you don't get satisfaction and have documented all the problems, to include grease stains, pictures, etc., then contact your district service rep. If no satisfaction then, go directly to Chrysler Corp. I'm sure that the number is in the owners manual. Above all, be courteous and keep cool. Sometimes it takes a little time but the end result is generally worth the effort. Remember, if you keep this vehicle, having a good relationship with the local dealer can be huge if something serious happens to your Ram. Good Luck. Remember, Sugar is better than salt. lol

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
this is 100% a made up urban myth that dealerships wont give you the same level of support if you take your vehicle to another authorized dealer

You obviously have not had to go to too many dodge dealerships lately lol.

The warranty for our 6.4 trucks being 100,000 is nearly useless because the techs that have been "trained" cant even have a technical conversation about anything in the truck. The dealership my truck came from tried to tell me we dont have to grease the front axle but it says RIGHT ON THE FENDER that you should grease it every 3000 miles. Not only do they not know what they are doing, they will try to say anything is not warranty. It took them 10 days to do a software update to fix the CEL on my 1200 mile truck! You best believe i mother ****** the service manager up and down and gave them 1-star reviews when the chrysler survey was emailed to me. But thats ok they werent gonna get my business ever again anyway because their techs have proved to be incompetent.

I feel you on this o.p. just keep on em!

ohiogrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7, 4.7, 6.7, 6.7, 5.7
You obviously have not had to go to too many dodge dealerships lately lol.

The warranty for our 6.4 trucks being 100,000 is nearly useless because the techs that have been "trained" cant even have a technical conversation about anything in the truck. The dealership my truck came from tried to tell me we dont have to grease the front axle but it says RIGHT ON THE FENDER that you should grease it every 3000 miles. Not only do they not know what they are doing, they will try to say anything is not warranty. It took them 10 days to do a software update to fix the CEL on my 1200 mile truck! You best believe i mother ****** the service manager up and down and gave them 1-star reviews when the chrysler survey was emailed to me. But thats ok they werent gonna get my business ever again anyway because their techs have proved to be incompetent.

I feel you on this o.p. just keep on em!

To get better customer service, be a better customer.

As tough as "mother ******* them up and down" may make you feel, they could probably tell you were a whine-on-the-internet kind of ******* and that puts you straight to the top of the **** list.

I'm not saying the dealers are perfect, or even proficient. What I am saying is that, in all aspects of human interaction, being a class A **** *** will generally result in you being treated as such.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
To get better customer service, be a better customer.

As tough as "mother ******* them up and down" may make you feel, they could probably tell you were a whine-on-the-internet kind of ******* and that puts you straight to the top of the **** list.

I'm not saying the dealers are perfect, or even proficient. What I am saying is that, in all aspects of human interaction, being a class A **** *** will generally result in you being treated as such.

This post is hilarious in all aspects. You either have hit the lottery with your local dealer and they actually fix it correctly the first time, or you never have to visit a dealer.
I had a rear gear noise in my 2500, I knew the exact reason that it had the gear noise since I kind of work for the company that makes them. I made an appointment at the dealer I bought the truck from where that guy preceded to tell me that if the pinion depth would have no effect on noise and all of the HD trucks make that same noise. Are you saying that it is my fault because I am the customer? I tried explaining it to him but I might as well have been talking to a wall. Fast forward to the next dealer where I made an appointment and it sat there for 2 weeks before they even looked at it, after one week though the advisor told me it would need a new rear axle though. The story suddenly changed at week two where he said no problem found. Once I argued enough I finally got them to agree there was a noise and they rebuilt the rear axle and suddenly the noise was gone. Why should I have had to go through all that work to get something replaced? It costs them nothing to just verify a concern and fix it yet if it is warranty work they will push it off until it is out of warranty and customer pay, that way they can make more money. I switched from Ford because of the crappy dealers around here who among many things told me that my tires were causing my brake pulsation. What happened to the customer is always right?

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
What happened to the customer is always right?

I absolutely hate that saying. Ive dealt with people long enough now to know that there's a lot of idiots out there. Sometimes the customer is right, and others they are not.

As for ****** dealers. That bad part is that they bad ones ruin the reputation of everybody else. Dealer I work for now is pretty darn good. I can honestly say in the service department that no one here is looking to screw over a customer. We have had a few crooks work for us but they get weeded out eventually.

Some dealers are just awful though, there is one a few hours north of us that will flag your entire warranty if you do anything aftermarket to it. We had a guy tow his truck all the way down to us because they were that bad. It was a 1500 with a lift,exhaust and intake. Rear diff snapped an axle, all the warranty was voided. We actually got our district manager to reinstate a good portion of the warranty but wouldn't warranty the diff due to the lift and big tires, it also had 200,000km on it.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I absolutely hate that saying. Ive dealt with people long enough now to know that there's a lot of idiots out there. Sometimes the customer is right, and others they are not.

As for ****** dealers. That bad part is that they bad ones ruin the reputation of everybody else. Dealer I work for now is pretty darn good. I can honestly say in the service department that no one here is looking to screw over a customer. We have had a few crooks work for us but they get weeded out eventually.

Some dealers are just awful though, there is one a few hours north of us that will flag your entire warranty if you do anything aftermarket to it. We had a guy tow his truck all the way down to us because they were that bad. It was a 1500 with a lift,exhaust and intake. Rear diff snapped an axle, all the warranty was voided. We actually got our district manager to reinstate a good portion of the warranty but wouldn't warranty the diff due to the lift and big tires, it also had 200,000km on it.

I hate that saying as well, it just fit my point. I'm sure there are some dealers out there that are good. The dealers I have worked for were good for the most part. It just seems a lot of time the dealers will assume the customer is making a story up and until the customer fights it they will just say could not duplicate concern. My wife's jeep was taken into the dealer for rattles 6 Friday's in a row right after we bought it. After 3 weeks I asked to ride with the tech to show them the noise I was talking about, after I started doing that magically issues started getting fixed. Until then though I don't think the tech would even drive it.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I hate that saying as well, it just fit my point. I'm sure there are some dealers out there that are good. The dealers I have worked for were good for the most part. It just seems a lot of time the dealers will assume the customer is making a story up and until the customer fights it they will just say could not duplicate concern. My wife's jeep was taken into the dealer for rattles 6 Friday's in a row right after we bought it. After 3 weeks I asked to ride with the tech to show them the noise I was talking about, after I started doing that magically issues started getting fixed. Until then though I don't think the tech would even drive it.

Finding intermittent problems like squeaks/rattles is a pain. The worse part is that chrysler will rarely pay us more than half an hour to verify it. Which is usually just enough time for a road test and quick visual inspection. We've been told if you can't verify the complaint in half an hour, kick it out. Which makes it frustrating for the customer and the tech, because chances are that customer will be back. A lot of times road testing with the customer helps verify the issue, because a lot can get lost in translation from the customer to the advisor, then to the tech.

ohiogrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7, 4.7, 6.7, 6.7, 5.7
This post is hilarious in all aspects. You either have hit the lottery with your local dealer and they actually fix it correctly the first time, or you never have to visit a dealer.
I had a rear gear noise in my 2500, I knew the exact reason that it had the gear noise since I kind of work for the company that makes them. I made an appointment at the dealer I bought the truck from where that guy preceded to tell me that if the pinion depth would have no effect on noise and all of the HD trucks make that same noise. Are you saying that it is my fault because I am the customer? I tried explaining it to him but I might as well have been talking to a wall. Fast forward to the next dealer where I made an appointment and it sat there for 2 weeks before they even looked at it, after one week though the advisor told me it would need a new rear axle though. The story suddenly changed at week two where he said no problem found. Once I argued enough I finally got them to agree there was a noise and they rebuilt the rear axle and suddenly the noise was gone. Why should I have had to go through all that work to get something replaced? It costs them nothing to just verify a concern and fix it yet if it is warranty work they will push it off until it is out of warranty and customer pay, that way they can make more money. I switched from Ford because of the crappy dealers around here who among many things told me that my tires were causing my brake pulsation. What happened to the customer is always right?

I own an auto repair shop, so yes, nobody else touches my ****. Luckily, we go above and beyond to take care of our customers so I rarely if ever deal with angry customers. If you'll read, I specifically said many dealers are not even proficient, hence the reason I'm so busy.

The point I'm making is acting like an idiot rarely garners any better rresult, at any point. If you feel they're not doing things right, go somewhere else that will. Being a ******** and yelling at petty functionaries who are just doing what they're bosses tell them gets you nowhere, and it certainly doesn't incite them to jump into action.

As for the customer is always right, **** all that. The customer is often misinformed, ignorant and self reicheous. The fact that someone is wearing a name tag does not alleviate all chances that YOU may be In the wrong. On the other hand, just because the person you're dealing with is an idiot doesn't mean that you're in the right to be an idiot in return. Two assholes don't make an intelligent adult.

OP
OP
L

lapriester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Usless posts as usual.

Main reason its taking a while is you just want the boot. That's that cheap way out for them to fix it and usually 95% of the time if a boot goes bad you replace the CV axle. Its faster and more common in the long run. REplacing the boot I bet a bunch of crap got in there and got contaminated. I hope they flush it out and repack it with grease. You buy the CV axle its all ready to go. With power tools and lift maybe 1 hour max to replace. With just the boot they have to take it out task the boot off, hope its cleaned out and regreased then boot back on then back in the truck. Yeah no its the dealer and we all know they suck.

Hey, that was their idea. I mentioned they should replace the whole shaft that but they said Dodge will only authorized the boot replacement.

Oh, and whoever said I was exaggerating about the time. Sure the boot came in on 3/27 but no appointment for the fix until 3/31. Let's see, that's, what, two weeks...like I said. The truck has been laid up since the 13th since they wouldn't make an appointment to look at it until the 17th even though it took all of 30 seconds for the Service Manage to verify the problem.

Here's the problem. Two different parts managers I've talked to at two dealerships tell me that Chrysler is horrible concerning their shipping policies. The dealership orders the parts, they are often told the part is available at, say, the west coast warehouse in LA. They tell the owner the part will arrive in two days to, in this case, N CA, and an appointment will be scheduled. About 50% of the time it doesn't ever arrive. Too often the local warehouse discovers the part is actually not in stock so they switch the order to the east coast warehouse without telling the dealership there will be a delay. 3-4 days later the dealership inquires as to where the part is and they are told the sad story. The dealership asks for a tracking number so they can better inform the owner how long the delay will be. None is available because the contracted ground shipper Chrysler use from the east coast (not UPS, not FedEx, not USPS but some name I've never heard of before) doesn't provide any tracking. So everyone sits and waits until the part makes it to the west coast warehouse (no not the dealer) they call and tell the dealership (Sometimes) and the part continues on it's snail pace to the dealer. Of course not by UPS, FedEx or USPS but by another Chrysler contracted no name ground shipper. The dealership says the only way they can expedite shipping is to pay for it and eat it since, if they do, Chrysler will not reimburse them for the added expense. I was told, because of this obvious SNAFU, that the large dealership where I bought the truck from routinely pays and eats the cost. Unfortunately, the dealer I took the truck to is a very small local dealership that doesn't care to eat the costs.

In simple terms this system of theirs is a total clusterfart. :3681700201_eef6d1e2

Well, the good news is the truck goes in on Tuesday morning. I just hope they do it right the first time. I doubt the CV joint has been contaminated. I caught it before it got really serious and the truck hasn't been driven in the rain or in any dusty conditions. Rain??? We don't get any rain in CA.:peace:

richwoodrocket

Reaction score
Ram Year
I don't have one :(
Engine
6.7 cummins
It amazes me how some dealers are still in business from the horror stories I read on here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk