Throttle body mishaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moglbu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all you wise folk! I’m in desperate need of your brilliant minds.
I’ve had some issues with my truck for a while now and again where it jumps unexpectedly, rpms rise without my foot on the pedal, gets stuck accelerating when I start it from cold - throttle body issue, right? I cleaned it out and still had the problem. I took myself off to o’reillys and bought a new one, did the reset thing where you turn on the ignition and press the accelerator as instructed by YouTube videos - everything felt great. I drove around for 10ish miles and everything was perfect… until it wasn’t. Cars started flashing me because my truck was smoking from under the hood.
I put the old one back on for now but am at a loss as to what has gone wrong.
Below is a slip that came with the new TB - I’m not sure if the instructions on it even make sense for my truck (2010 Dodge Ram 1500 sport 5.7 4x4) and the throttle body I purchased. Any advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated - got a 9 month pregnant wife here and potentially not having a vehicle is causing a LOT of stress. Thanks! B3ABAECC-EAFB-497C-BB27-B5348FD8E36E.jpeg
85CB4E70-2350-40F3-90E9-2636BC698766.png

OP
OP
M

Moglbu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you ever check it for codes?
I did! No codes on it currently. I had some for other things recently but I seemed to have resolved them by changing the brake pedal switch and cleaning a ground wire.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just because the RPMs jump doesnt neccesarily mean throttle body. A simple sensor can make the revs jump

OP
OP
M

Moglbu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just because the RPMs jump doesnt neccesarily mean throttle body. A simple sensor can make the revs jump

With how this gen is set up I have to replace the whole throttle body in order to replace the sensor because it’s built in - very annoying!