Throttle body spacer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike42488

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
throttle body spacer...is it worth it, does it change alot??? questions, comments, concerns....thanks in advanced guys!

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
dont work. they fit, but they are worthless. Throttle body spacers were effective on carburetors, but they are pretty much worthless on fuel injection. In a lot of cases they actually hurt performance

OP
OP
Mike42488

Mike42488

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
interesting, i had no idea......any other cheap performace mods i can do to get a little more out of the hemi??

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
You can do a homebrew CAI. Using some PVC Pipe and some sheet metal

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
I dont see a programer in your sig, a Superchips would make a world of difference for you.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Nobody mentioned a power wire yet?

Far as him making one or buying the Air Ram one? It just tricks the air sensor to dump more fuel which some claim alot of gains, alot claim nothing. His best bang for the buck would be a new or used SC and work from there.

OP
OP
Mike42488

Mike42488

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thank you everyone for all you info. im new to this whole forum thing and its really great, everyone is so friendly and helpful.

Thanks guys!

-mike

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Here is the power wire AirRam - Cold Air Induction System

Or many people make there own with a resistor.

The store bought Pwr Wire is sweet in as it has factory plugs and just plugs in without cutting the wires.
The home brew version uses a 4.7k ohm resistor from Radio Shack. You get a pack of 5 for couple of bucks. Anyway the "Intake Air Temperature" (IAT) sensor inputs a 0-5 volt signal among other inputs to the PCM to control injector pulse width. The resistor reduces the signal value and tells the PCM that the inlet air temp is cooler than what it actually is and the PCM adjusts the pulse to be a little richer. The IAT is located on the air box and is just a plug and twist sensor. On aftermarket CAI systems it's the sensor plugged into the air ducking. There are two wires connected to it, cut either wire and solder in the resistor or install plugs if you like. Side note when using a CAI the sensor is simply pushed into a rubber gomet, make sure it is orientated the same as when it was plugged into the air box. This as been reported as a possible problem that can cause some surging. IDK... Weedhoe has a good DIY video on another forum.

Last edited:

Captain McGillycutty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My tbs just makes a turbo sound lol. I actually think it makes it worse but I love tricking people that don't know anything about cars and I tell them my truck has a turbo.

moosehunter44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2006 5.7 throttle body spacer??

Hi don't know if im at the right place but anyway since I installed a throttle body spacer I can here the engine clicking when it changes from 4 to 8 cylinders which I couldn't hear prior to installation iassume its the cylinders changing that I hear any insite into this problem ?thanks

knucklebuster27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi don't know if im at the right place but anyway since I installed a throttle body spacer I can here the engine clicking when it changes from 4 to 8 cylinders which I couldn't hear prior to installation iassume its the cylinders changing that I hear any insite into this problem ?thanks

No relation.

Gecko

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004, 2004
Engine
5.7L Hemi, 8.3L V10

Remove the spacer. There is no benefit to it. It's just an expensive paper weight.

gunner1374

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I kind of like my buddy's Ram "whistling" now since he installed his, lol. He claims a little better throttle response, but I just hear a whistle on acceleration. As long as he is happy with it, then more power to him I guess?