Throttle response controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For anyone interested we have Pedal Commander and Banks Pedal Monster as well as some other brands usually in stock with great pricing. Message me for a quote on any of them.
Hey Nick, is there anything out there for the 03, 3rd gens? Sure would be a lot cheaper than a re-gear.
Thanks,
Tray
p.s. the headers sound awesome and did exactly what I was expecting, thanks.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Nick, is there anything out there for the 03, 3rd gens? Sure would be a lot cheaper than a re-gear.
Thanks,
Tray
p.s. the headers sound awesome and did exactly what I was expecting, thanks.

Hi Tray, really glad to hear you are happy with those headers!! Thanks for the feedback.

I actually looked last night and did not see anything available. I will try to reach out today and double check that.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi Tray, really glad to hear you are happy with those headers!! Thanks for the feedback.

I actually looked last night and did not see anything available. I will try to reach out today and double check that.
Thanks Nick!

cashman070

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I sure loved how the pedal commander woke up the throttle on my truck but I sure wasn’t crazy about all the check engine light fault codes it caused on the electronic throttle pedal. Pretty much because of that thing is why I started carrying my OBD II code scanner around with me so that every time it caused a check engine light, I could quickly reset the fault.

You said you weren’t familiar with the pedal commander so you probably don’t know about all the different 25+ sensitivities you can set for your throttle but how does that roar pedal work? Is it much more simpler and cheaper than the pedal commander?

I wouldn’t mind trying another device like this because like I said, I really liked how it made my throttle pedal feel but I’m just not in the mood for having to reset a check engine light all the time. But, at least one thing I can say about that is there must’ve been something wrong with the one I had because pedal commander, after they told me to send it into them, they said where the wiring comes into the unit was kind of messed up so they repaired it but I still ended up with the same problem so I just quit using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was having similar issues and spoke to Pedal Commander they have come out with updated installation instructions. These may help:

Upon receiving your unit, please be sure to follow the installation instructions below:
  1. Turn Off Ignition
  2. If your vehicle has keyless entry, keep the key fob at least 35 ft. (10m) away from the vehicle (the signal can give power to your system). Wait 10-15 minutes with your driver's door open to give everything time to power down.
  3. Locate your accelerator pedal assembly plug connection.
  4. Remove the plug on your gas pedal.
  5. Plug male and female connectors into their coordinating plugs on the gas pedal. Make sure that both plugs "click" into place.
  6. Make sure the cables are tucked in place so they do not affect or endanger your driving.

IMPORTANT
  • When installing the Pedal Commander if the plugs are not fully locked in, they can become loose over time from being kicked or the harness being moved. To ensure you locked the plugs in place, you will want to hear a "click" when connecting the plugs. That click signifies that they have been locked in tight.
  • Also when you are installing the unit, you want to make sure none of the pins in the plug get pinched or bent during the process to prevent any issues with intercepting the signal strength.
  • To avoid any possible issues after proper installation, we recommend changing the modes of the PC unit ( Eco, City, Sport, or Sport+) while your foot is off the accelerator or while cruise control is disengaged. By doing this, it will prevent any CEL or EPC lights from coming on and putting your vehicle into limp mode. Each of our modes has different signal strengths so we say to do this as a preventative measure.

HDGoose

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
L6 Diesel HO
Is there one on the market for the 3rd gens?
I'd love to have one if there is.
Third gens are fly by wire? Or they have a throttle cable to the FI?

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I only changed adjustments once but I was setting still in park so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

KINDA really depends wat year/gen truck U got. The 5th Gens are stupid sensitive ref electrical stuff, even with certain LED lightbulbs and such. But again, everybody different.

Diablo2doorram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As you can see by my dog tag Diablo2doorram I like the Diablo tuner. You get what you pay for. Anyone that has one knows what I mean.

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I can tell you it will not give you 1 more HP but by the seat of the pants feel you'll think you have 50 more HP. My take on this is, if you have 2 identical trucks and you race them and they stay side by side from start to the end of the 1/4 mile and you put a throttle controller on one of them, the one with the controller probably will jump the other one out of the hole let's say 1 car length then I believe they will stay that way until the end.

Physics (horsepower and torque) doesn't work that way. You'll be nose to nose all the way from the start to the end. If anything the Pedal commander might make you spin tires faster, actually slowing you down at the start.

sam darakjy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Tradesman Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Please no one take this the wrong way and of course when you earn your $$ it is your decision to buy what you want. I just do not understand what you could possible need these add ons for. I have a 2018 Tradesman CC 2500 6.4 and when I need to stomp on the gas it pins me back in my seat and I am at 70 mph in no time.

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Physics (horsepower and torque) doesn't work that way. You'll be nose to nose all the way from the start to the end. If anything the Pedal commander might make you spin tires faster, actually slowing you down at the start.
You're right, I thought about that, I'll find out next time I go to the track.

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Please no one take this the wrong way and of course when you earn your $$ it is your decision to buy what you want. I just do not understand what you could possible need these add ons for. I have a 2018 Tradesman CC 2500 6.4 and when I need to stomp on the gas it pins me back in my seat and I am at 70 mph in no time.
No harm here, can't say I didn't agree with you till I got one.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To me it's like it will let the throttle snap open, I don't know how to really explain it otherwise.
The video I posted talks about that. Drive by cable gave you that instant throttle. Drive by wire is delayed.

BrianNS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 250502. I'm not here to try to compare this to or say it's as good or better than Pedal Commander, I've never had any experience with a Pedal Commander just giving my experience on this one. Anyone who thinks their electronic throttle doesn't have any lag needs to try one of the throttle controllers. I can tell you it will not give you 1 more HP but by the seat of the pants feel you'll think you have 50 more HP. My take on this is, if you have 2 identical trucks and you race them and they stay side by side from start to the end of the 1/4 mile and you put a throttle controller on one of them, the one with the controller probably will jump the other one out of the hole let's say 1 car length then I believe they will stay that way until the end. That may not seem important to you and if not don't buy it but a win is a win. I assure you the other guy will buy one for his truck. It sure makes it fun to drive though! It cost me $160 to my door, that's why I bought it over other brands. To me it even feels like my transmission even shifts more responsive, most likely just in my head. I was told about it by a friend when he put it on his and I'm a skeptical person but I'm very happy with it! This is just my opinion only!
I have the BD Throttle Booster it's amazing!!! Has a rocketship setting called Ludacris mode omg it's awesome

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
If my reaction time (Quicker throttle) is better than yours and I jump out in front and we are 100% equal otherwise there is no reason you should be able to pull back up on me and I am not a rocket scientist! LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500