Throttle response controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Please no one take this the wrong way and of course when you earn your $$ it is your decision to buy what you want. I just do not understand what you could possible need these add ons for. I have a 2018 Tradesman CC 2500 6.4 and when I need to stomp on the gas it pins me back in my seat and I am at 70 mph in no time.
If you’ve never used one then you have absolutely no idea. I really hate not having one on my truck anymore because there is so much lag in the throttle pedal it’s unbelievable.

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
I run a Pedal Commander in my 2500, and in my Durango RT. I cannot stand driving without one.

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I've had my PC for less than 1 week and I must say I love it! Even the wife is impressed and that means a lot! :D

I'm now in City +2 and that seems good for ME (for now).

William Hastings

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought the Hikeit x9 a year and a half ago. Was going to post here that ive had no issues at all. If i adjusted the settings, i would do it at a red light with my foot on the brake, no issues. I found the setting i like and haven't changed it for months. This morning, i had cruise control set at 75 mph, foot off the gas, and bam the truck went into limp mode. Service electronic throttle codes, check engine light. Its throwing code P2128. When you guys had issues, what code did you get?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I installed an Auto/Stop Start Eliminator and a PC same day, world of difference. I adjusted the PC, and it tucks In out of sight in the console.

Last edited:

sam darakjy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Tradesman Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If you’ve never used one then you have absolutely no idea. I really hate not having one on my truck anymore because there is so much lag in the throttle pedal it’s unbelievable.
I guess i will stick to my original statement and not get one then so i wont know what I am missing!

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess i will stick to my original statement and not get one then so i wont know what I am missing!
Well, I guess that’s one way to look at it. It’s kinda hard to regret what you’re missing when you don’t know what it is you’re missing but there’s enough people praising these things on here that makes it harder to be completely oblivious to what you could…. be missing.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It certainly is one of those things that you need to feel for yourself to know how awesome it is. We ship out tons of Pedal Commanders and Banks Pedal Monsters. They are both well worth the small investment!

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will say that Pedal Commander definitely makes a seat-of-the-pants difference in acceleration. Their "Eco" mode is also useful for making the cylinder deactivation stay on longer, if you are looking for that sort of gain.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I had one on both my Rams, so had to get one for my Jeep GC......I missed it.

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'm not here to start a new discussion about any pedal response controllers, just giving my own experience. Last April I went to a 1/4 mile drag strip in Rockingham NC. The best time I was able to run was a 14.1 1/4 mile. I got a Roar pedal controller in June and by the seat of my pants it felt like a different truck. I know that it doesn't give it not "1" more HP and I never have said it did. There has been many back and forth disagreements about whether it makes the vehicle any faster or not so I stopped saying anything till I was able to test it. All I can say is I went back to the same track this past Saturday April 16th and I was able to get to a 13.8 1/4 mile time at the same track, same truck. I'm not saying it positively was the pedal controller that caused it but that is the only thing I did different to the truck. Everyone will have their own theory and opinion about it which is fine, not sure how anyone can know without doing a before and after test of their own by the clock. I know something changed mine and I tested it before and after so I now know my opinion.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I'm not here to start a new discussion about any pedal response controllers, just giving my own experience. Last April I went to a 1/4 mile drag strip in Rockingham NC. The best time I was able to run was a 14.1 1/4 mile. I got a Roar pedal controller in June and by the seat of my pants it felt like a different truck. I know that it doesn't give it not "1" more HP and I never have said it did. There has been many back and forth disagreements about whether it makes the vehicle any faster or not so I stopped saying anything till I was able to test it. All I can say is I went back to the same track this past Saturday April 16th and I was able to get to a 13.8 1/4 mile time at the same track, same truck. I'm not saying it positively was the pedal controller that caused it but that is the only thing I did different to the truck. Everyone will have their own theory and opinion about it which is fine, not sure how anyone can know without doing a before and after test of their own by the clock. I know something changed mine and I tested it before and after so I now know my opinion.
More than likely DA and wind is the differance in your times. Our trucks are naturally aspirated,so differances in Density Altitude (DA) and head winds are very noticable.

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
More than likely DA and wind is the differance in your times. Our trucks are naturally aspirated,so differances in Density Altitude (DA) and head winds are very noticable.
I understand and agree with all of that, but I also can feel a bit of difference in the taking off in my truck. Still nothing I will argue about. The same track so altitude density should at least be out of the equation. LOL

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I understand and agree with all of that, but I also can feel a bit of difference in the taking off in my truck. Still nothing I will argue about. The same track so altitude density should at least be out of the equation. LOL
Nope the DA can change by well over a 1,000 ft at the same track on the same day,same with the wind. Trust me,you didn't gain anymore then maybe at most a .025 of a tenth,from the throttle controller,and it's a big maybe,unless you didn't get the skinny pedal to the floor on your last time out . There's other factors at play,biggest being weather differances / another big differance can be tires and their pressures,and how hot the truck was under the hood,plus the way the track has been prepped.Heat soak on a Hemi is another big killer of times,they hate being heat soaked, 3/10's of a differance is more likely due to DA and wind though. If your track uses an App for your time slips,good chance it'll have the DA at the bottom of the picture of your time slip on your phone,if they still use printed time slips,it won't have the DA printed on them

Last edited: