Throttle response controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Screenshot_20210613-220730.png. I'm not here to try to compare this to or say it's as good or better than Pedal Commander, I've never had any experience with a Pedal Commander just giving my experience on this one. Anyone who thinks their electronic throttle doesn't have any lag needs to try one of the throttle controllers. I can tell you it will not give you 1 more HP but by the seat of the pants feel you'll think you have 50 more HP. My take on this is, if you have 2 identical trucks and you race them and they stay side by side from start to the end of the 1/4 mile and you put a throttle controller on one of them, the one with the controller probably will jump the other one out of the hole let's say 1 car length then I believe they will stay that way until the end. That may not seem important to you and if not don't buy it but a win is a win. I assure you the other guy will buy one for his truck. It sure makes it fun to drive though! It cost me $160 to my door, that's why I bought it over other brands. To me it even feels like my transmission even shifts more responsive, most likely just in my head. I was told about it by a friend when he put it on his and I'm a skeptical person but I'm very happy with it! This is just my opinion only!

Last edited:
OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'm sure it works the same as Pedal Commander ....... and if it does ..... it will def. put a smile on your face!!
You're right about that, my wife kept questioning my taking off from a stop, I just told her I hadn't driven it for about 2 weeks and it was happy to get out of the garage. I'm not sure if I was needing to learn how to drive it again or the seat of the pants feeling was controlling me! LOL

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I sure loved how the pedal commander woke up the throttle on my truck but I sure wasn’t crazy about all the check engine light fault codes it caused on the electronic throttle pedal. Pretty much because of that thing is why I started carrying my OBD II code scanner around with me so that every time it caused a check engine light, I could quickly reset the fault.

You said you weren’t familiar with the pedal commander so you probably don’t know about all the different 25+ sensitivities you can set for your throttle but how does that roar pedal work? Is it much more simpler and cheaper than the pedal commander?

I wouldn’t mind trying another device like this because like I said, I really liked how it made my throttle pedal feel but I’m just not in the mood for having to reset a check engine light all the time. But, at least one thing I can say about that is there must’ve been something wrong with the one I had because pedal commander, after they told me to send it into them, they said where the wiring comes into the unit was kind of messed up so they repaired it but I still ended up with the same problem so I just quit using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I sure loved how the pedal commander woke up the throttle on my truck but I sure wasn’t crazy about all the check engine light fault codes it caused on the electronic throttle pedal. Pretty much because of that thing is why I started carrying my OBD II code scanner around with me so that every time it caused a check engine light, I could quickly reset the fault.

You said you weren’t familiar with the pedal commander so you probably don’t know about all the different 25+ sensitivities you can set for your throttle but how does that roar pedal work? Is it much more simpler and cheaper than the pedal commander?

I wouldn’t mind trying another device like this because like I said, I really liked how it made my throttle pedal feel but I’m just not in the mood for having to reset a check engine light all the time. But, at least one thing I can say about that is there must’ve been something wrong with the one I had because pedal commander, after they told me to send it into them, they said where the wiring comes into the unit was kind of messed up so they repaired it but I still ended up with the same problem so I just quit using it.

It was $160 to my front door, I have only had it on since yesterday but had no check engine light or fault codes in the 300 miles I drove yesterday. Haven't went through everything on the settings yet but I'm pretty sure it has 25+ settings also.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It was $160 to my front door, I have only had it on since yesterday but had no check engine light or fault codes in the 300 miles I drove yesterday. Haven't went through everything on the settings yet but I'm pretty sure it has 25+ settings also.

Well, all them settings or not, I’m just concerned about it upsetting the circuit. Guess I’ll have to look into it.

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Well, all them settings or not, I’m just concerned about it upsetting the circuit. Guess I’ll have to look into it.

I worry about gadgets also and for every pro there seems to be a con but so far so good. LOL

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't or wouldn't but that's good to know! Thanks

See, that’s primarily when my PC would cause a code was when changing the setting either parked or driving even with no throttle input but then it got to where it would throw a code when not even messing with it.

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
See, that’s primarily when my PC would cause a code was when changing the setting either parked or driving even with no throttle input but then it got to where it would throw a code when not even messing with it.

I only changed adjustments once but I was setting still in park so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I found the setting that I like (I think it was sport +1) and haven't changed it since.............but yeah NJMOPAR is correct , the one time I threw a code .... I was trying to change settings
on the move...........Two years now ....no problem

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found the setting that I like (I think it was sport +1) and haven't changed it since.............but yeah NJMOPAR is correct , the one time I threw a code .... I was trying to change settings
on the move...........Two years now ....no problem

I wish I could say the same thing about the one I had.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So considering the pedal commander being almost twice as much as this one here, what makes this one a lot cheaper and the PC a lot more expensive, just because of the Bluetooth technology in the PC?

Although it was nice being able to tuck the unit inside the plastic down by the footwell and control it with the phone, I don’t see why the PC is so much more expensive.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is there one on the market for the 3rd gens?
I'd love to have one if there is.