Ticking noise in cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

medman302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On start up, or when I switch from defrost to blowing at my face (or back) it makes a loud ticking for 10 seconds or less. Going from defrost to face it is a lower tone and slower. Going from face to defrost is higher pitch and faster. Just had the engine replaced with a reman. Engine but not sure if that has anything to do with it. No problems turning fan and fan blows. No problems switching from heat to a/c, and blows hot and cold. Thoughts on the issue and is it an easy fix? (All the searches seem to take me to the actuator, but only if hot/cold problems which I don't have). 2014 1500, 5.7, 161000 miles (about 1500 on new engine)

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Probably an actuator that hasn’t quit yet, but is on its last leg. I have one like that in my truck that acts similarly. Just waiting for the last nail in the coffin before I replace it lol

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Could be an actuator motor hitting the limit and over riding it with some clicks.
Also, had that at one time on another vehicle. It was a leaf in there. Would stop making the noise after a few seconds. Do it again on next start up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357