Time to move on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gofish101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Outdoorsman CC
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well after 2 years in my Outdoorsman I have decided it's time. My brother needs a reliable truck. He approached me and we came to a deal.
This truck has been great for me but is just way more than I need and it's going to a good home. It's funny but I have grown quite attached to her and have missed her. Not sure what will be the next vehicle but thinking a midsized truck. Sure wish Ram had a Dakota out but don't think I can wait to long before pulling the trigger. I hate to say it but am thinking a Ranger or ..... (Don't give me a hard time) Ridgeline.
Thanks to everyone this is a great forum.

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My friend just bought a 2020 Ranger XLT blackout edition, and it's a really nice truck. I used to have a Ranger with a manual 5 speed and I'd pop the clutch and pull a wheelie. A little tiny maybe 2-3 inch wheelie. lol Fun trucks though and mine was great on gas.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
@gofish101 if you really want a Dakota start snooping the internet for news. I have no idea when the release date is but I did see two of them in Kingman Arizona July / August 2019 and the next day they were spotted in Vegas. They probably came from the FCA Proving Grounds in Yucca about 30 miles outside of Kingman on I-40. One was pulling a trailer and they were both shrouded but I could make out the Crosshair Grille so I knew what they were.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
I second the Gladiator (as we look to spend your money for you..). All the fun of modding a Jeep while enjoying a mid-size truck!

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
I've owned a 2014 Ridgeline and it was fantastic for what it was. It was comfortable and LOADED with options.

Runs to home depot and lowes were a piece of cake. Bad weather, no problem. Off-roading wasn't a factor as I gad friends with Jeeps and quads. I parted ways with it after a few years and missed it, but the gas mileage of the new vehicle was a good trade off.

They gave me a hard time about it but unless you're making the payment, keep your mouth shut.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Amen, or look at Tacoma. Nice midsized trucks with great resale.
I love the Tacoma’s and wanted to buy one, but my mostly loaded ram was less money than a mid level Tacoma. Resale on them is indeed great, but if buying new, that resale comes at a heavy upfront cost.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well after 2 years in my Outdoorsman I have decided it's time. My brother needs a reliable truck. He approached me and we came to a deal.
This truck has been great for me but is just way more than I need and it's going to a good home. It's funny but I have grown quite attached to her and have missed her. Not sure what will be the next vehicle but thinking a midsized truck. Sure wish Ram had a Dakota out but don't think I can wait to long before pulling the trigger. I hate to say it but am thinking a Ranger or ..... (Don't give me a hard time) Ridgeline.
Thanks to everyone this is a great forum.
Have you seen the Hyundai truck? Hear there may be different sizes.

Villalobos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
How about a new Bronco, look very cool with the retro styling

OP
OP
gofish101

gofish101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Outdoorsman CC
Engine
5.7 hemi
The real problem is the Ram has spoiled me. It is such a comfortable vehicle most don't compare that I've tried. The Ridgeline is very comfy and can hold 4 full size adults with ease a 5th in a pinch just like the Ram unfortunately the Ranger can't. I am also thinking if I go SUV the Jeep Cherokee just a little concerned about quality control issues. By the time I make a decision they may be releasing a new Dakota. Currently have a 2004 Dakota that has seen better days but has served well. Both Ranger and Ridgeline up where I am are order in vehicles but Jeeps are readily available. It's a tough decision.

Livinalittle

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport, 6 speed, 4x4, 3.92
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My father in law has a new ranger. It's a pretty nice little truck. We like to bug each other every chance we get, but I really have nothing against Ford.

Edit: I've been trying to convince my wife to get a Cherokee Trailhawk. She thinks she wants a Jeep Wrangler but I know what's going to happen the first time she has to fuel it up. I did a bit of research on the Cherokee and the only conclusion I came to is to NOT go with the 2.0L Turbo. You have to run premium fuel (which my wife will surely forget) and I see that turbo being more trouble than it's worth.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I fully intended to get a Gladiator rubicon. On Aug 19th I sold my 2018 Wrangler Rubicon and was planning on buying a gladiator on Aug 26 I test drove a Gladiator Rubicon and a Ram Power wagon back to back several times and ended up going with the Power wagon. Seems like a lot more value for the money and that is coming from someone who has lived and breathed jeeps.

Richg87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
V6 Pentastar
Nothing wrong with a Ridgeline. I had a Gen 1 for 11 years with 241K miles. Did me well. Ran great. I took a lot of abuse from family, co workers, and friends. :) I traded-in the Ridgeline for the Warlock. The Warlock drives a lot smoother than the Gen 1 Ridgeline. The Warlock is bigger but the drive is so smooth it doesn't feel bigger. I was very surprised. Not sure how the Gen 2 Ridgeline drives compared to RAM.

MRFREEZE57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
whatever you decide on you will be happy with, but selling a 2 year old truck for another new one, what would hold me off is thinking of all the money lost on depreciation versus keeping one that may be a bit overkill for your needs, but hope you are happy with your final decision.

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I fully intended to get a Gladiator rubicon. On Aug 19th I sold my 2018 Wrangler Rubicon and was planning on buying a gladiator on Aug 26 I test drove a Gladiator Rubicon and a Ram Power wagon back to back several times and ended up going with the Power wagon. Seems like a lot more value for the money and that is coming from someone who has lived and breathed jeeps.
When I was at the dealer buying my Ram 2019 RCSB, I couldn't believe the Gladiator Rubicon was more than a Power Wagon. The PW is twice the vehicle for less money. That's just ********. Speaking of ********, the Gladiator looks stupid as hell to me.

I love Jeeps too, had a Grand Wagoneer, and still have a 2000 TJ, but I hate the Gladiator.