Tipm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiHavoc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2 questions:

Are all the tipm/fuse panels the same in 09-18 trucks the same?

Anyone know where to fine a cheap tipm and key switch module and keys?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
2 questions:

No. 09 and 10 I believe are the same. 11-12 should be the same in 1500's maybe different in the 2500/3500's. 13-18 should be the same in 1500's and 2500/3500's should be the same in that line.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2 questions:

might have luck with on line junk yards even seen some on ebay good luck. new in dealer will cost you

OP
OP
H

HemiHavoc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, I've been quoted 710 for a brand new one, but I can't take that kind of hit right now. Especially without knowing if that is 100% the issue

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
^ I was going to say, last I heard, the going rate for a new TIPM was $700-800.

There are youtube videos where guys have repaired TIPMs with replacement relays, etc.

What exactly is the issues you are having with your truck?

OP
OP
H

HemiHavoc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^ I was going to say, last I heard, the going rate for a new TIPM was $700-800.

There are youtube videos where guys have repaired TIPMs with replacement relays, etc.

What exactly is the issues you are having with your truck?

On a trip the truck was shutting off when I would come to a stop. Ultimately I shut the truck down after pulling off the road due to the truck getting locked in first (just wouldn't upshift), and now when you turn the key to start I get nothing. Gauges and all lights work, but nothing to the starter. I can jump the starter with jumper cables and the truck cranks, but no start. I have metered everything and I have no power to the 30 side of the starter relay, so now I'm not sure which direction to go.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
On a trip the truck was shutting off when I would come to a stop. Ultimately I shut the truck down after pulling off the road due to the truck getting locked in first (just wouldn't upshift), and now when you turn the key to start I get nothing. Gauges and all lights work, but nothing to the starter. I can jump the starter with jumper cables and the truck cranks, but no start. I have metered everything and I have no power to the 30 side of the starter relay, so now I'm not sure which direction to go.

Ugh.. This is where Eric O from South Main Auto would come in handy.

I'm sure you started with the simple stuff like verifying you are getting ~14VDC across the battery with the truck idling. Any less will cause all kinds of issues.

From there is pulling up wiring diagrams to see what's upstream of that 30amp that's not getting power to figure out where the issue in the circuit is. This may not even be TIPM related.

OP
OP
H

HemiHavoc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ugh.. This is where Eric O from South Main Auto would come in handy.

I'm sure you started with the simple stuff like verifying you are getting ~14VDC across the battery with the truck idling. Any less will cause all kinds of issues.

From there is pulling up wiring diagrams to see what's upstream of that 30amp that's not getting power to figure out where the issue in the circuit is. This may not even be TIPM related.

How would I get a hold of this Eric o? Is he a member on here?