Tire availability, specifically Michelins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tul9033

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been trying to buy a set of Michelin Defender LTX M/S - 275/55R20 113T tires for my 2019 RAM Limited all month and Sam's has been out of stock. Trying to stick with Sam's since they offer some good incentives and they have the lowest price I've found. Is there an issue with Michelin availability?
I'm to the point of almost considering the Bridgestone Alenza's, while the tires have a great ride they wear terribly and especially inconsistent.

stormcom

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn
Engine
V6
I bought mine at Discount Tire and had them in 2 days from Dallas. FYI. Bridgestones are good, I have a customer with several 1500 Lonestars and he runs Bridgestones on them. I have a 2020 GC 4x4 with the Alenza's and 30 k on them. Secret to Bridgestones is rotation. Mine still have 50 per cent tread on them.

OP
OP
T

tul9033

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the reply. I've had 3 sets of the HL Alenza's and the ride was great. The shoulders always wore prematurely and even the tires seemed to vary in tread depth despite rotations 5-7k miles. There is the Alenza Ultra out now, not many reviews, but they claim to be the best Alenza they offer.
The Michelins have just been better tires for me. Not sure what the deal with Sams is. I can get them at Costco or Discount tire, but Sam's has extended road hazard and free road side assistance with towing included, plus they have $110 off right now.

janemorales

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
The Michelin XRV Commercial is our pick, a bargain. Fits my RV and is completely satisfied with it.

BBNtrucks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
but Sam's has extended road hazard and free road side assistance with towing included, plus they have $110 off right now.
Could be why they are out of them. Either be patient and see if they will issue you a rain check for this price or consider Cooper such as Cooper Discoverer. These and Michelin are the best tires ever and I have 60 years of driving experience. Coopers made in Ohio and Michelins in S. Carolina. Stay away from China tires!