Tire Pressure Indicators and Remote Start Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ebland0724

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie Sport Crew 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tire pressure indicators randomly go out for all four tires; sometimes at start-up but mostly random while driving. They will work fine for a week two then they all four go out for a weeek or so, then start working again. What is strange is that my remote start quits working the same time that the tire pressure sensors stop and when they start working again, so does the remote start. I am guessing that it’s the WCM? The WCM was replaced under warranty just over a year ago due to not starting with fob, nor remote start. It’s out of warranty now, so I need some help troubleshooting...

2014, 1500, LoneStar, 4x4, 5.7L, CrewCab

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sounds like your body control module is whacked.

Did it throw a code?

OP
OP
ebland0724

ebland0724

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie Sport Crew 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i havent checked codes, i guess i should huh. Will it initiate a code with out any other warning light, like the check engine light etc? Cuz there are no other indicator lights on. I'll go to parts store and have them check it...

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think the WCN of that era has the receivers for both the TPMS sensors and remote start, so if the WCN is malfunctioning both could be affected. I wonder if there is a poor connection/pushed pin kind of thing going on.

Last edited:

Thedanc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had this same problem. Ended up being a pinched wire behind the c- pillar from the factory. The tire pressure and key fob tie into the shark fin antenna.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Check your remote start antennae and its connection to the RFH hub. The TPMS system uses the remote start antennae to pick up the readings from the senders in the tires. The readings are then passed along to the RFH hub. I found this all out when I installed pushbutton start (keyless start) in my 2017 Ram a couple of weeks ago. Remote start and TPMS did not work until I reconnected correctly the remote start antennae to the RFH hub.