Tire size change alfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you enter 2570 size manually?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sure did, If i select the tire that is on my truck, Goodyear SR/A 275-60-20 and type in 2570 it gets straight up mad. Which is odd when I scanned my truck thats the tire that was on it. If i select any tire and it picked some crazy 285-70-19.5 and type in 2570 it clears and all is good.

On the ABS initialization screen, the start button does not do a dang thing, is that correct? Also when I select a tire from the drop down it doesnt seem to care and still forces a mm value?

I can push start a billion times and it doesnt do anything, I go through the other steps and it doesn't change the fault.

So now my truck thinks its on a Semi tire, which is fine I dont care if the diameter is right, but now Im apprehensive next week this tool isnt going to work when I go to 37's and try to type in 2900 what the heck will it do.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
First time I tried changing tire size I tried using the 35" toyos and it wouldn't allow me to change it. So I entered 2776mm (37's) just because I hadn't figured out what 35's were and had no problems. The next day entered in 2752 and had no problems.

Only thing I've noticed when I check the bcm logs it still shows the stock tire size but when I checked my speed with GPS I'm 2-3 mph off with my current tires (275/65 r20), so I should be pretty spot on when I put my 35's back on. I may try and find a good compromise between the two.

Anyone who has changed tire size has it changed in your logs?

Last edited:

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Sure did, If i select the tire that is on my truck, Goodyear SR/A 275-60-20 and type in 2570 it gets straight up mad. Which is odd when I scanned my truck thats the tire that was on it. If i select any tire and it picked some crazy 285-70-19.5 and type in 2570 it clears and all is good.

On the ABS initialization screen, the start button does not do a dang thing, is that correct? Also when I select a tire from the drop down it doesnt seem to care and still forces a mm value?

I can push start a billion times and it doesnt do anything, I go through the other steps and it doesn't change the fault.

So now my truck thinks its on a Semi tire, which is fine I dont care if the diameter is right, but now Im apprehensive next week this tool isnt going to work when I go to 37's and try to type in 2900 what the heck will it do.

Hopefully I didn't read this wrong but I think I know what you are doing wrong. It's a either or choice. Either pick a pre determined size or enter in your tire size manually

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hopefully I didn't read this wrong but I think I know what you are doing wrong. It's a either or choice. Either pick a pre determined size or enter in your tire size manually

If i choose a tire and leave the the select a size blank it will not let me go forward until I type in a value. I wonder if its adding them together in the software? I will try again later when Im not mad at it and type in 0 as the mm and see what it does.

That does not answer, the initialize ABS start button, is that just a place holder or does it actually do anything for anyone?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
If i choose a tire and leave the the select a size blank it will not let me go forward until I type in a value. I wonder if its adding them together in the software? I will try again later when Im not mad at it and type in 0 as the mm and see what it does.

That does not answer, the initialize ABS start button, is that just a place holder or does it actually do anything for anyone?

You shouldn't have to enter any value into the box if you are selecting a pre-determined tire size. Let me run through my notes

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You shouldn't have to enter any value into the box if you are selecting a pre-determined tire size. Let me run through my notes

If I pick a preloaded tire and leave the mm box empty the button below is inactive. I tried it a 100x

mike19950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

The ABS reset screen just lists out the steps you need to do to reset it. It does nothing when you press start.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The ABS reset screen just lists out the steps you need to do to reset it. It does nothing when you press start.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thank you for confirming that. It wasnt listed in the steps, but still was down there staring at me like hey push me!!!! Regardless the next 6 steps still left my truck without abs, power steering, parking sensors, and something else

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Thank you for confirming that. It wasnt listed in the steps, but still was down there staring at me like hey push me!!!! Regardless the next 6 steps still left my truck without abs, power steering, parking sensors, and something else

Do you have any way of recording your screen? It would be helpful to see the steps you are taking.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have any way of recording your screen? It would be helpful to see the steps you are taking.

If I had a 3rd hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I downloaded DU recorder on my phone I use for alphaobd so I have a record of what I did.

OP
OP
R

Redheadhunter21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yeah the abs initialization page shows the steps needed to complete. No need to hit start. Its been awhile since I have done this but I believe the ECU initialization is where the lights went out. The key cycles need to be done, and take the key back to the run position. If your push button I believe you hold it down with the foot off the brake.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now I just get a parameter not met

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Last edited:

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It will not take tire size changes at all now

The predetermined sizes do not highlight start button but only ext button which toggles the cursor to the mm selection. Even if I type in 2570 and hit start

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Can you see if you have any codes in the abs and body Computer that you can clear

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Are you using the app or windows version

OP
OP
R

Redheadhunter21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It will not take tire size changes at all now

The predetermined sizes do not highlight start button but only ext button which toggles the cursor to the mm selection. Even if I type in 2570 and hit start

I would say your best bet at this point is to clear any codes in the ABS/BCM/ECM Modules and then disconnect the battery then turn the headlights on wait a couple minutes and reconnect the battery so you can start over fresh.

Are you using the current update or an older one?

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just bought the app 2 days ago, brand new mx adapter