Tire suggestion? (22" wheels, air suspension)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peeceejay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2020 Laramie has the 22" wheels and goodyears. They're fine. 10k on them.

but with winter coming, I'd like to get some all seasons. I don't have the budget for new wheels too.

What are my options for a direct swap? I do have air suspension, and do tow a travel trailer, so they would need to fit without modification, if such a thing exists?

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
I know you asked for tyres but I had the same issue. 22 with stick tyres were not going to make it in Great Lakes area of Wisconsin! I actually put 18” wheels on mine, refurbished and General Grabber tyres (for winter) I think around $1200 all in? I sold my old wheels and tyres from my 17 Ram so that off set the costs. I have posted about this but if you do want to go this route I can let you have more info. PM me as it has been done to death here!

Clive

ACE51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m new to this forum and I have a similar issue. I have a2020 limited with Air Suspension, 22” stock wheels and 285/45/R22 Goodyear Eagle Touring tires. The wheels and tires have proved to be great and quiet on the highway However, I was skeptical about the 45 aspect ratio tires. Unfortunately they are fragile: 17k mikes and the tread is > 50% worn and easily damaged (attached photo is after “kissing” the curb in a tight parking garage at close to zero mph. I don’t “off road” seriously but driving on potholed rural roads, gravel and logging roads and on wet/slick launch ramps— well, you get the idea…
I don’t want to make any suspension mods and I want just about the same rolling radius, so I was considering 18” wheels and 285/60/18 tires or 20” wheels and 285/55/20 tires. But, I haven’t benn able to get data from FCA or MOPAR about wheel diameters, widths, offsets etc. and accompanying tire sizes that will fit withou modification or significantly (I hope) bad changes in ride, or handling. I expect them to be noisier.

Help? Advice? Warnings? Thanks (and please no remarks about “operator error” in parking, I’ve already heard that from the passengers)

Attachments

• 3430A2BD-0C89-4CDA-871A-DE710344D844.jpeg
    3430A2BD-0C89-4CDA-871A-DE710344D844.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 6