Tire thread number 673,726

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have winter wheels/tires for one of our sedans, but my truck just rolls with all seasons. CT does get snow, but not exactly a ton. Plus I work from home, so "not driving" is pretty much doable during any weather. I drove the RAM through 2 normal CT winters and never had a lack of traction or safety, even with the crappy OEM SR-A tires.

If I did roll with 2 sets of wheels, figure each would get about 2500 or 3K miles per year. Again, they will dry-rot, crack, etc LOOOONG before tread runs out. Id be wasting TWO good sets of tires instead of just one.

As far as Costco goes....starting to read where they are becoming more strict about their road hazard. i.e. you have to have them do *any* service on the tires. Puncture fix, rotate, etc. Not necessarily convenient (especially in regards to puncture fix), so you are at their whim if they will cover your tires afterward or not.

Last edited:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used to enjoy having lots of snow when I was a bit younger and before I had 300' of laneway, now, I could happily get by with little or none. :cool:

We've had a few years here where the snow was blowing over the top of the hood on my Tundra as I drove up the road after a storm. OK, maybe I was driving a bit fast and aggressively, just for fun.

I don't know if the Costco terms & conditions for the road hazard warranty are the same in Canada & the US.

According to the human at the tire counter, my damaged tire would have been covered almost entirely. Then again, as we later discovered, the tire was purchased elsewhere and not covered.

Costco road hazzard.jpg

Other than the ambiguity with points 4 & 5 in 'What is covered', everything looks good here.

Like everything related to customer service, these days, it's all a crap shoot.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was hopeful Costco would run the "$100 off 4" sale on Michelins this month, but they did not. Just went to a different model Firestone/Bridgestone.

It stinks they are so limited in selection otherwise Id be using them for sure. Id even settle for a Firestone if I had to, but they dont sell a Firestone highway-ish tire. Only the Destination A/T2 which doesnt seem to get great ratings (especially for the price, even at Costco).