Today someone steal my ram with this...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

freddyvince

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
Today someone steal my 2022 ram at my working place parking. Within minute the iphone RAM app send me a notification that someone trying to steal my truck. I was able to geolocate my truck live with the same app and with the police on the phone we find the truck in a parking lot near where he was stolen. Two guys tried to flee but the police catch one of them. What surprised me is what we find under the backseat. They seem to used a Mopar radio interface to trick my computer. Just check the photo in the posts. Can someone can explain how it's possible without explaining in detail how to do it. When we find the device, nothing was connected, its was just there lying under my seat. So I retreived my truck but now all the electronic in my truck is malfunctioning, my screen is black and cannot control the ventilation or anything related to the Uconnect, the horn doesn't work anymore. IMG_2741.jpeg

Last edited:

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The radios aren't wireless, it's likely they had another head unit with them that got left in your truck.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think that the one in the picture is probably "yours". They probably took off the computer from your truck, stuck it under the seat (to use later), and replaced it with a computer and keys that they brought with them. Their computer would allow their keys to start your truck. That's the only thing that would make sense to me.
Except that's a radio not an ecm or bcm

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
I think that the one in the picture is probably "yours". They probably took off the computer from your truck, stuck it under the seat (to use later), and replaced it with a computer and keys that they brought with them. Their computer would allow their keys to start your truck. That's the only thing that would make sense to me.

Then how would the OP start it with his keys?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Your FOB is constantly searching for your vehicle
The only way to stop the signal that is being transmitted by your FOB, is to wrap it in tin foil

Thieves are able to grab the signal that your FOB is transmitting & they go over to your vehicle & use the signal capture device to fool your vehicles electronics

The FOBs that you leave in your home, are also transmitting
Thieves stand outside some ones home & capture the signal

Read up on FARADAY CAGES, a simple cage is wrapping tin foil around the FOB, it does not matter where the FOB is, the signal is blocked

How thieves steal your vehicle

this guy was about to walk out to his truck & thieves got it first