Torsion bar install 04 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MSmitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Replacing all components of front end -upper and lower control arms, stabilizer links, inner and outer tie rods, shocks, stabilizer bar bushings, hub n bearings, brakes, etc.
Paint marker lines for torsion bar install have disappeared, all except on rear cross member for key anchor.
How do I install and preload for proper height and ride? Both side old parts removed, can't reference for height measurements. Any info would be helpful

Later2u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Put it all back together and tension/adjust it to something and re-adjust when it's back on the ground.

OP
OP
M

MSmitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thats about what i ended up doing, i did find measurements but due to uneven and far from lvl location, the measurements were nearly useless. appreciate the reply, thanks bud

OP
OP
M

MSmitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
follow up to front end rebuild - lost the nut off the drivers side sway bar link. ??? odd, i know i set then check all torque specs once while on stands, then after adjustments again on ground. ok, i did the work, maybe i forgot. maybe bad nut/bolt? hmm.. But then... WHAT THE.. !!
Why are the control arms carving a groove in the steering knuckle??? that was the only part from the rack n pinion down to the pavement (other than rims/tires and sway bar itself) that i did not replace. i used what i thought to be a reputable supplier for the parts - not sure regulations concerning using name brands here or not.