Tow gain?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

URdone21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had my truck for a month and never noticed this setting. I did today when toggling through the on screen settings and noticed it was set at 7. So, if I'm not towing anything, should this be set to zero? Thanks

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It shouldn't matter with no trailer connected. Actually, if you do ever tow a trailer with electric breaks, 7 might be a little high. You would have to test it and adjust it each time a new trailer is hooked up to see.

Either way though, without a trailer, the setting is irrelevant so you can just leave it where it is.

Ray

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Yeah, 7 will be too high you can start at 5 and work your way up, but like someone said it all depend on the trailer.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Agree with this I use mine around 5.5 unless it is icy then I use it around 3.5. It will depend on trailer brand, brake shoe or pad wear yada yada.

$miley

Td577

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't remember where I read this at but it was suggested to set brake controller you do this:

Find a nice open area to do this.
Set controller to lowest setting.
Start driving a couple miles per hour and just use the brake controller to stop your rig.
When you find the setting that will stop the rig, that is the best place to start. You fine tune from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk