TPMS and key fob issues 2018 big horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vernp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2018 1500 Big Horn started with the TPMS showing blank on the dash then while driving three came back on but reading wrong pressure (checked them when I got home all good) drove around awhile to make sure they reset and they went to all dashes again on dash. Then went to use my key fob and nothing, got right next to truck it works I'm talking 3 feet. Where do I start cause just left dealer and I'm 3000 out of warranty and their more than excited to take my money. Thanks

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I'd start with the simple stuff. Replacement battery in key fob, perhaps look under left front fender in the front to see if anything had snagged the wires on the tpms box.

Are the sensors factory or aftermarket, if factory they should last about 10 years but if aftermarket they could be suspect. I have had them go out in 3 years or less.

If 3 are working and one is out, I would move the wheel on that side to see if the one not working suddenly works in a different location, If so. You will narrow your problem down. If the one not working is still not working then you have your answer.

OP
OP
V

Vernp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Replaced batteries in both fobs no change TPMS are all reading dashes now could it be an issue with the shark fin antenna on top? I'll check out the wires going the TPMS box when I get home in the AM thanks for the advise I'll keep you posted. Oh ya everything is stock from factory only have 39000 on it that's what's killing me

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Should not be shark fin, it's for different functions.

If your sensors are all Blanks is the low tire pressure light illuminated on the dash? Are you running aftermarket wheels? It could just be batteries in the sensors. I fought tpms issues for almost a year with aftermarket wheels & sensors. Finally bought oem sensors and installed in aftermarket wheels, problems solved. I hope it's simple

OP
OP
V

Vernp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No all stock replaced tires a year and a half ago factory tires were junk but put exactly the same size tire on. Just puzzling because happened out of the blue came in from fishing and all heck broke loose was parked in a paved lot never been off road and keep parked in garage at home. If they wouldn't have changed the looks of the new dodge you would think it's new I hate electrical issues get expensive fast but I'll check things out in the morning and let you know. Thanks for helping

OP
OP
V

Vernp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I have checked connections on TPMS box in driver side wheel well tight and clean drove over weekend and all of a sudden front right and left rear gave tire psi then the next day all started working makes no sense to me I really did nothing to solve the problem.. I'll keep you posted on further events.. Thank you for all your help

OP
OP
V

Vernp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well just to give you all an update on my TPMS sensors and key fob issues. Finally loosened the factory tie down on this section of the wire harness going to the TPMS connection at the box and no more issues!! It was tighter than a banjo string. Just something to check if you have the same issues. Have a great day