TPMS light on - have larger tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Al R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t have the stock 17” tires I have larger 18’s on. My max load is 80 psi and I know the door says 60 front 70 rear but my tires themselves say 80. My tpms light is on and stays on. Is there a way to change this or do I just suck it up due to having larger tires?

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
You can use Alpha OBD to reset your TPMS to the new pressure range of your choice. If your tires are currently within the window but your sensor is on it could be your sensor going bad.

Below is the link to the ALPHA OBD Thread here. Be sure to read everything thoroughly. Its very easy to overlook a setting and up thinking you broke your truck. (or actually breaking it, just be careful and follow all steps and instructions)

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/

Dans09Max

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Do your 18s have sensors in them?
If no, the light will stay on
If yes, what are your actual pressures?

If correct, maybe bad sensors, dead sensor batteries, etc.
If low, air them up to door tag pressures, drive and see if resolves.

If it resolves, you can use AlfaOBD to reset as noted above. Requires PIN on newer trucks. My dealer refused to give it to me, I used an Andoid app to find it.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
Requires PIN on newer trucks. My dealer refused to give it to me, I used an Andoid app to find it.

I just walked up to the Parts counter at my dealer with my license and registration in hand. Was very forward and straight to the point. Said "I need the 4 digit pin for my truck's BCM" he asked to verify ownership (with my registration and ID) and then he printed it off for me. Free of charge. I think you just need to come off as if you know what you need and know what you're doing with it. He didn't question me at all.

Or try a new dealership. I'm surprised how many people get the run-around from these greedy ********.

Dans09Max

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
There no other dealership within 365 miles. I even talked to the parts manager, he said we will not give that to anyone, period. I even had the FCA policy allowing it in my hand, knew what I was doing. Some just refuse.

$15 on my phone using the same OBD device I use for AlfaOBD and it was done.

Edit: this dealer is why I wont own another FCA vehicle, unless it's a long-lost warranty Jeep.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk