Tradesman or Express

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MR.REMBERT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My wife bought me a used truck and I'm not exactly sure what it is. The dealer had it listed is a 2013 Ram 1500 Tradesman/Express. I'm guessing it cannot be both. Based on the Ram website, it looks like an Express. Can anybody identify this truck or point me in the right direction? My vin # is 3C6JR6AT9DG592710

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,572

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Probably a tradesman with express package. Mine is an ST with express package and ramcharger package.

apepe0738

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You have an Express with the Black Appearance Package. You can tell it's an Express by the color matched bumpers, but the door handles and mirrors are black plastic. The black appearance package gives you the black badges and badge delete, black rims, and led tail lights/projection headlights. And if I am not mistaken you can get a ram box on the Express...

DCRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It can be both, that's what I have.

"Express" is a trim package designation which is usually on a Trademan. It's almost always paired with a few other trim upgrades, as the express package deletes some key items that get added back on.

Your truck also seems to have the "black" package. 2013 Black RAM 1500 Express | Special Edition Truck | RAM Trucks

Some people have blacked out badging and dipped wheels though, so I'm not sure on that item.

walc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4L
It is confusing; but, a Tradesman and an Express are two different trim levels.
Among the major differences are that a Tradesman comes standard with a 6 cyl engine, a tow hitch and spray in bed liner. An Express comes standard with a 5.7L hemi and 20" wheels.
As others have said, your pic looks like an Express with the optional Blackout package ( black wheels and badges and no side badges ).

DCRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is confusing; but, a Tradesman and an Express are two different trim levels.
Among the major differences are that a Tradesman comes standard with a 6 cyl engine, a tow hitch and spray in bed liner. An Express comes standard with a 5.7L hemi and 20" wheels.
As others have said, your pic looks like an Express with the optional Blackout package ( black wheels and badges and no side badges ).

So I thought they were separate trim levels as well, but according to my dealer, a tradesman is still designated as a tradesman, with or without the express package.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
seems like an engineer must have designed the model line designations. There must be an easier way for them to do it..........

walc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4L
So I thought they were separate trim levels as well, but according to my dealer, a tradesman is still designated as a tradesman, with or without the express package.

seems like an engineer must have designed the model line designations. There must be an easier way for them to do it..........

It's really a PITA, as I learned when I sold a 2012 Express at CarMax, because the VIN, which car dealers use to value it, doesn't show the upgraded trim level.
Of course, Ford is as bad or worse. For example, an F150 STX VIN shows an XL, which is a cheaper model.

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
*I must be the only one who ignored everything after the fact that his wife bought him a truck? :roflsquared:

She must want something really nice for Valentine's Day? :D

As for your answer, here ya go:

Year 2013
Engine Type 5.7L V8 OHV 16V
Make RAM Driveline RWD
Model 1500
Trim Level ST SWB 2WD
Body Style REGULAR CAB PICKUP 2-DR
Transmission 6-Speed Automatic

Basically as said above, you have an Express with the Black Appearance Package. Tradesman/Express is just the dealer level code they use.

Finally, welcome to the forum. :happy107:

OP
OP
MR.REMBERT

MR.REMBERT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
*I must be the only one who ignored everything after the fact that his wife bought him a truck? :roflsquared:

She must want something really nice for Valentine's Day? :D

As for your answer, here ya go:

Year 2013
Engine Type 5.7L V8 OHV 16V
Make RAM Driveline RWD
Model 1500
Trim Level ST SWB 2WD
Body Style REGULAR CAB PICKUP 2-DR
Transmission 6-Speed Automatic

Basically as said above, you have an Express with the Black Appearance Package. Tradesman/Express is just the dealer level code they use.

Finally, welcome to the forum. :happy107:

Funny you should say that. I do think she's hinting..I bought her a laptop, she bought me a truck. How do you trump that, other than the fact that I bought her 2013 JGC Overland in 2012?

Attachments

• ResizedImage951366915116668.jpg
    ResizedImage951366915116668.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 106