Train horn install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
My train horns will be in tomorrow . 165db with tank compressor ect ...

Was thinking of mounting the tank and comp in the tool box ? Anyone have a better spot to mount ? I have no room under the hood so was also thinking about installing the horns under the truck by the drive shaft .

Ram rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ctd
My tank was in my tool box an I made a plate to go between the wheel wells under the bed

OP
OP
ramhunter9

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
do you have pics ?

Ram rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ctd
I can take a pic 2maro ..my biggest horn just misses my exaust they are turned sideways toward the drivers side wheel well

jmesl8er

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
My train horns will be in tomorrow . 165db with tank compressor ect ...

Was thinking of mounting the tank and comp in the tool box ? Anyone have a better spot to mount ? I have no room under the hood so was also thinking about installing the horns under the truck by the drive shaft .

Where was the factory spare tire mounted? I would put the compressor, tank, and horns in that spot. Lot of guys mount there air ride **** there, if its under the bed

Ram rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ctd
My compressor is a vivair an a 2.5 gallon tank.. tank is plugged an can build 175 psi

OP
OP
ramhunter9

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I want to keep the tank and comp out of the rain and mud so I think the best spot would be in the tool box. I can fab a plate for it. As far as the horns I guess anywhere they will fit under the rig. And Adam not sure what brand I got the kit from trainhorns.com

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
Where was the factory spare tire mounted? I would put the compressor, tank, and horns in that spot. Lot of guys mount there air ride **** there, if its under the bed

Yeah there or on the frame...but you have to be careful of how you mount the compressor, cause some of the compressors dont live too long when mounted sideways or upside down.

jmesl8er

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Yeah there or on the frame...but you have to be careful of how you mount the compressor, cause some of the compressors dont live too long when mounted sideways or upside down.

Get a quality one like the one I got and he'll have no problems, you can mount it upside down, and in direct rain (which mine was for about a year)no probs

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
I have my horns between the bumper and radiator support, but I think your winch would get in the way.

Louisiana Dodge Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I have my setup under the bed & where the spare tire went. It fits in that area good & it's up out of the way. I also put a "T" on my tank & ran me a air hose off of it to be used for inflating tires & air mattresses & floats when we go to the lake!!! Anyway good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Trey Corley

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
Dave point them towards your rear bumper, to help keep water and mud out of the horns, i mounted my buddies on his off road ford, and i angled them slightly with the one end up a hair in case water did get in it would drain out easier, of coarse towards the open end of the horn.....good luck its not a bad install on a lifted truck especially when you can sit up under it...

OP
OP
ramhunter9

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I will get some pics and a video today for ya all .

OP
OP
ramhunter9

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Horns are in and loud !! I will have to get pics tomorrow as its now dark .

I mounted the horns where the spare was and the comp I mounted inside the Road Rhino rear bumper .. tucked it real nice as the rear bumper like the front is made for a winch . So winch in the front comp in the rear .