Tranny stuck in reverse?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this is a long shot at this hour, but in desperate need of some help here.

As tittle says, truck is stuck in reverse leaving me stranded at 2 in the morning. I was driving around, stopped for a second to put the truck in park and it didn't want to go at first. Manged to force it in to the park position (which was dumb on my part) while the truck remained in reverse and shut the truck off (which was even dumber). So now the shifter won't budge at all and of course it won't start.

The roads were very slushy, so I'm assuming something is jammed up in the linkage somewhere. It's dark and still hailing at the moment, so I can't do much yet. But has anyone experienced this before? Found a couple of threads on the other forum, but with no real follow up. Any suggestions much appreciated!

EDIT: crisis averted! Whatever was stuck in there must've worked its way out. Feel free to delete, mods.

Last edited: