Transmission Friday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welp it was a bad Friday to start jobs not ready and just a **** show Friday lol. Towed my trailer to a site than unhooked it and went to another jobsite meeting. It was time to go so I went to hook up to my trailer and when I went to go into reverse no go. Shifted into drive nothing, popped the battery cables nothing. Check engine light is on but no code reader with me and the linkage is moving at the housing but not shifting. It will go from park to neutral but no other gear. 2022 3500 68rfe with 25k miles we shall see what the dealer says. @RamCares hopefully i do not have any issues at my dealer.

A_mod_too_far

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No reason not to keep a $25 bluetooth dongle in the glove box to use with the free car scanner app on your phone

If you have Android phone I bought a cheap one called bafx on amazon and it works great. Theres also some different ones that work if you have iPhone

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No reason not to keep a $25 bluetooth dongle in the glove box to use with the free car scanner app on your phone

If you have Android phone I bought a cheap one called bafx on amazon and it works great. Theres also some different ones that work if you have iPhone

I do have one but I cleaned out my truck and it is in a box on the work bench at home. My fleet mechanic is on his way with a trailer and code reader. Hopefully there is just a code thrown that Just needs to be cleared.

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Error code.
P0 868-00
P0 841-00
P0 944-00

Pretty much low pressure, pump lost prime, and pressure sensor. We will have to see what the dealer says Monday now.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Welp it was a bad Friday to start jobs not ready and just a **** show Friday lol. Towed my trailer to a site than unhooked it and went to another jobsite meeting. It was time to go so I went to hook up to my trailer and when I went to go into reverse no go. Shifted into drive nothing, popped the battery cables nothing. Check engine light is on but no code reader with me and the linkage is moving at the housing but not shifting. It will go from park to neutral but no other gear. 2022 3500 68rfe with 25k miles we shall see what the dealer says. @RamCares hopefully i do not have any issues at my dealer.
Hey there,

We appreciate being tagged in this, and do apologize for the frustrations you're experiencing with your truck. If you'd like some assistance while your vehicle is at the dealership, please reach out! We're available via direct messaging!

Callie
Ram Cares

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey there,

We appreciate being tagged in this, and do apologize for the frustrations you're experiencing with your truck. If you'd like some assistance while your vehicle is at the dealership, please reach out! We're available via direct messaging!

Callie
Ram Cares

thanks for the speedy response. i will keep you posted on what the dealer says.

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So dealer replaced a sensor on my transmission and still nothing. They said since I have a aftermarket pan they could not remove it unless I agree to pay for it if no warranty is given....I told them just to get my truck fixed so drop the pan. The service person I was dealing with started to say since I have a aftermarket pan it could void warranty due to the fact I could of been running the wrong fluid level lmao. I asked her if the dip stick reads off the bottom of the pan or top. She simply responded the top, then I asked what the fluid level was at on inspection at check in and she couldn't tell me..... so they replaced a sensor which caused fluid loss and could not tell me if it was at the right level.... :emotions122: . I know it was at the right fluid level as I checked that first and had my oil changed the week prior and my guy tops off all fluid for me. Still waiting to hear what they found out after they dropped the pan. I have a buddy that was a master tech for ram for a lot of years and retired 1.5 years ago. He said it was probably the front input shaft sheared hence I have no pressure and its common for the 68RFE.. Not really pleased with the dealer right now as they could of read all this information from their computer tool. Might have to get my lawyer involved with a retired master tech as well.

Last edited:

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Wowzer by chance it is a Lithia dealership, had dealings with one in Eugene many many years ago that was not all that great?

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wowzer by chance it is a Lithia dealership, had dealings with one in Eugene many many years ago that was not all that great?
nope this would be Tonkin in Hillsboro the old ***** dealer. I called to day and nothing else new they wont put my truck back on the rack for another week...... I do understand being short handed but ive had to call for info status on my truck and it should be the other way around.
I am working with ram care and the dealer but untill they actully work on my truck i wont know what needs to be replace lol.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
nope this would be Tonkin in Hillsboro the old ***** dealer. I called to day and nothing else new they wont put my truck back on the rack for another week...... I do understand being short handed but ive had to call for info status on my truck and it should be the other way around.
I am working with ram care and the dealer but untill they actully work on my truck i wont know what needs to be replace lol.
OMG so far I have had descent luck with this new Tonkin dealer and have found them to treat me fairly compared to NW Jeep on canyon road, but then have not had any major repairs done on my truck, I did notice when I had the oil changed last month they were very short handed to where service manage was helping incoming customers...

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OMG so far I have had descent luck with this new Tonkin dealer and have found them to treat me fairly compared to NW Jeep on canyon road, but then have not had any major repairs done on my truck, I did notice when I had the oil changed last month they were very short handed to where service manage was helping incoming customers...

Yeah this is my first time dealing with them on the service side. I have a buddy that has a shop and just have him do my services. If my truck wasn't under warranty I would of just taken it to him. I completely understand being short handed but lack of communication is never a good excuse. They should of called me first thing once they saw my after market pan, but I had to call them to in return them calling me back lol. They said they replaced a sensor under warranty but now it will take another week to look at it again......

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Yeah this is my first time dealing with them on the service side. I have a buddy that has a shop and just have him do my services. If my truck wasn't under warranty I would of just taken it to him. I completely understand being short handed but lack of communication is never a good excuse. They should of called me first thing once they saw my after market pan, but I had to call them to in return them calling me back lol. They said they replaced a sensor under warranty but now it will take another week to look at it again......
Before I bought my truck from Dave Smith I tried to buy a new truck they has in stock, this was back when it was still D icks County Dodge, they refused to come off the 5K added mark up, they told me if I would order one they would sell it to me at MSRP needless to say I bought one coming off the line then waited 9 week for it to arrive...

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Before I bought my truck from Dave Smith I tried to buy a new truck they has in stock, this was back when it was still D icks County Dodge, they refused to come off the 5K added mark up, they told me if I would order one they would sell it to me at MSRP needless to say I bought one coming off the line then waited 9 week for it to arrive...

Back in 2020 when they were d icks I went to buy a truck from them. It was used and about 7k over market and would not budge. Well covid hit and no one was buying anything, my buddy went there about 8 months later and bought the same truck for far less than I offered originally lmao. I bought my new ram at d icks last year because a friend personally knew a sales guy. I got 2k below msrp and had a good experience but it's looking grim now. I don't think there is a good dealership left and no employees in the workforce isnt helping.

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After a nice email to Ram care last night they magically had time today to look at my truck. The secondary filter came unscrewed and was laying in the pan causing no pressure. No warranty claim needed and my mechanic that service my truck owes me a few free services now lol.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
After a nice email to Ram care last night they magically had time today to look at my truck. The secondary filter came unscrewed and was laying in the pan causing no pressure. No warranty claim needed and my mechanic that service my truck owes me a few free services now lol.
Glad you got it fixed, does your trans still have the oem plastic filter screw? I have purchased a metal one for when mine gets serviced as I had read of some coming off the oem plastic filter screw an falling into the pan, was surprised it was only $10.00. I stopped by the dealer this afternoon to see about trans & tail gate recall, I was shocked to see the new trans vent tube its is about 2.5-3 inch long & 3 inches tall and no eta for new trans dip stick & tail gate parts, best guess for more parts is some time in March, I'm in not hurry to do either one and think I will have a local diesel shop install me a very long vent tube to the top of the engine as I think the new one I saw is a joke...

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad you got it fixed, does your trans still have the oem plastic filter screw? I have purchased a metal one for when mine gets serviced as I had read of some coming off the oem plastic filter screw an falling into the pan, was surprised it was only $10.00. I stopped by the dealer this afternoon to see about trans & tail gate recall, I was shocked to see the new trans vent tube its is about 2.5-3 inch long & 3 inches tall and no eta for new trans dip stick & tail gate parts, best guess for more parts is some time in March, I'm in not hurry to do either one and think I will have a local diesel shop install me a very long vent tube to the top of the engine as I think the new one I saw is a joke...

I don't have the steel insert but I will have one tomorrow. My mechanic told me he will drop the pan and install it for free. That is pretty much what happened to my filter just dropped into the pan. Stupid thing is I had my transmission serviced at 11,500 miles and installed a bigger pan. Now 13,500 miles later filter drops lol. I got the same recall notice and told the dealer while you have my truck fix them but have not heard anything I'll talk to them tomorrow. ATS has their doomsday transmission fix already I might just order that and be done with it. I did do the transmission heater valve delete and my transmission doesn't get above 160 now even towing 18k.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I don't have the steel insert but I will have one tomorrow. My mechanic told me he will drop the pan and install it for free. That is pretty much what happened to my filter just dropped into the pan. Stupid thing is I had my transmission serviced at 11,500 miles and installed a bigger pan. Now 13,500 miles later filter drops lol. I got the same recall notice and told the dealer while you have my truck fix them but have not heard anything I'll talk to them tomorrow. ATS has their doomsday transmission fix already I might just order that and be done with it. I did do the transmission heater valve delete and my transmission doesn't get above 160 now even towing 18k.
What temps do you see driving locally empty? BTW who do you use for non warranty shop work?