Transmission problem sr8 06

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bjarni Jonsson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sr8
Hello, I am going to say sorry for my spelling straight up.
I have an 2006 sr8 with the 545 transmission, the issue is that I can move the shiftstick between gears but its like I am in neutral and the car won't move.
My actions so far has been, checked codes p0700 p0841 pressure switch A (were is this located?)
Oil change and both filters changed, oil level checked 300 times. Checked cable harness near transmission.
Thanks in forehand from Sweden.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Are you sure on the transmission designation?

My 2006 300 SRT8 came equipped with the AutoStick NAG1 transmission. If you can manually shift your transmission up and down by moving the gearshift lever from side to side, then you have the NAG1.

The P0700 code indicates a momentary or long term communication error between the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) and the Transmission Control Module (TCM). Common causes of this code are:

1. A damaged, dirty, corroded or wet harness connection to the TCM.
2. A loose connection between the TCM and PCM
3. An internal failure within the transmission.

The P0841 code indicates a failure in the transmission fluid pressure sensor. This sensor is inside your NAG1 transmission.

About the code:

P0841 Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor / Switch A Circuit Range Performance

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/p0841

Before you attempt any repairs, try resetting your PCM/TCM by doing the following:

1. Disconnect the negative side battery cable from the battery for a minimum of 30 minutes.

2. Reconnect the negative side battery cable to the battery.

3. Start your vehicle and watch for the CEL.

If the CEL returns and the same code(s) are present then further investigate the harness connections, check them for cleanliness, damage or a cracked connection.