Transmission Thump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rich P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Heading back to the dealer , wondering if anyone else has had this problem.:
2019 Ram Laramie
After coming to a stop slowly while driving in any gear above 4th , it seems like the tranny stays in second ( or higher ) gear after stopping. When I release the break and or accelerate, the truck thumps into 1st gear I believe. Sometimes it only takes the release of the breaks to thump.

Doesnt happen if I stop quickly.sharply.

ndnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Experienced the same in my Laramie. Also in my wife's Grand Cherokee with the 8-speed.

OP
OP
R

Rich P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Were they able to fix ? Bringing in mine tomorrow

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
A number of members have posted odd shift conditions. The threads on this, generally explain that "some" trans need to be re programmed. Others found that the learning module had not yet set the trans to the drivers common driving conditions. Hoping your condition is a simple re program.

G-rob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
having the same issue's with my 2019 8spd. mine is back in the 3rd time for the same issue. just wondering what they're going to tell me this time.

OP
OP
R

Rich P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Curious how you made out , mine seems to be happening a little less but its still happening after resetting / reprograming