Trophy truck style suspensions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bryant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
I'm wanting to start building my 07. I'm thinking trophy truck capabilities/shtf ruggedness. As off as it sounds I'm wanting to make it a bug out truck. I'm looking to start the build in a few months. Thoughts? Ideas?

Pushrod91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You're not going to get a off the shelf kit that is gonna do what you want. You're going to need to find a shop that builds custom kits. (Long travel arms. Hoops coil overs. Traling arms. Ect ect) Unless your going to build it yourself.

Do a lot of research. Dodges are one of the more pain in the ass and exspensive trucks to build.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jf5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Hi Bryant just a couple things to think about when going the bug out route. Number 1 is parts availability. If your taking a newer vehicle out in the bush to stay there for a long time can you easily repair it? This is why most people go with older carbed vehicles. Is your vehicle a manual that can be push started? Does it have a PTO for running a generator or compressor? another positive to a non computer engine is being EMP proof. I'm not sure what you are preparing to bug out from but that's something I would consider. IMHO I would say your truck is too new to make an efficient bug out vehicle. the computerized parts alone really detract from that feasibility. That being said if you are making a true bug out vehicle everything your going to want for the truck will want to be custom made. The simpliest route is going to be your best bet - tube bumpers a basic grill guard. A flat black textured paint job. Completely removal of chrome - it can go on and on - usually a bug out vehicle is not a DD just keep that in mind.