Trouble Finding Correct 8.4 Uconnect Digitizer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Big Mexi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, i see no point of adding the LOCA. If this digitizer does go bad, i don't want to have to clean the LOCA off again. And the reasons they use it in the first place are a non factor to me.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yes, i see no point of adding the LOCA. If this digitizer does go bad, i don't want to have to clean the LOCA off again. And the reasons they use it in the first place are a non factor to me.
Post back up if you notice any issues with ghost touches. I might do it this way as well if you have good results.

The best screen protector in my opinion is this...

It comes with two, is very forgiving and seems like it cleans itself (I think the coating on it makes oils rather stay on you instead of transfer to it). If you get it, apply it with the HVAC bezel off as it covers the non viewable portions of the digitizer too.

OP
OP
B

Big Mexi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Post back up if you notice any issues with ghost touches. I might do it this way as well if you have good results.

The best screen protector in my opinion is this...

It comes with two, is very forgiving and seems like it cleans itself (I think the coating on it makes oils rather stay on you instead of transfer to it). If you get it, apply it with the HVAC bezel off as it covers the non viewable portions of the digitizer too.
Yes definitely will update, i have, unfortunately, ALOT of experience with ghost touches. Thanks for the screen protector recommendation, I'll check it out.
Thanks for the info on that screen!
No worries!

airbudrecords

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alright so the one I received today was the correct one.

https://ebay.us/Q8W38g as of 9/29/21, this is the correct 6002L-0278A digitizer.

Around $150 shipped.

It did not come with preapplied tape, which i expected, so i had already ordered 3mm clear double sided tape from Amazon (pictured). I applied the tape first to the DIGITZER side, using the black border as a guide. As long as it's behind that it won't be seen or affect anything. That's there the original tape is placed. The touch zones are slightly more noticeable to me, but also might be due to the fact that my old screen was pretty beat up from normal use. Definitely going to apply a screen protector.
I also used double sided tape (3M) on the digitizer but did not remove the protective film from the side that contacts the screen to ease replacement. I only used the tape for a spacer between digitizer and screen. It works great now. I cleaned my screen and digitizer, but the digitizer has a haze I could not remove. So, I'm replacing it. I tried the seller you referenced, but the part was still the wrong one. The first image on the product page shows the correct ribbon, but the other pictures show the ribbon for 6850L-1383A. I contacted the seller and he confirmed the part was only compatible with 6850L-1383A. I found another ebay seller whose pictures show the part I need (6002L-0278A). Hopefully, they send the correct part.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124852068603 - price $69.99 as of 11/25/2021, free shipping

Update: the part I ordered that I thought was correct based on the eBay pictures arrived today. The part shipped was the wrong one (6850L-1383A). Continuing my search for the correct part.

Update 12/1/2021: Although the ribbon layout for part 6850L-1383A is very different than 6002L-0278, the seller insisted that it would work and I should test it. I installed it and all screen functions work as intended. I also did not need to add any 3M double sided tape.

Attachments

• eBay Picture.jpg
    eBay Picture.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 14
  • My Original Part.JPG
    My Original Part.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Shipped.jpg
    Shipped.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Trucker2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I can confirm that airbudrecords part number he received will work. I cracked my screen just the other day trying to clean off some more glue that seeped out from behind the lcd and was causing more ghost touches. I had previously removed all the glue between the screens and all was good till this glue started seeping up from the bottom of the screen. I read this tread and thought perfect just the info i need. I searched and you can find these touchscreens for 30 to 70 dollars all over ebay and various shipping times with most coming from China and return charges so I thought let me look on Amazon there are a few and some come from the same seller as the ebay ones but there was two I found that where Shipped by Amazon not third party sellers and that's huge because if it doesn't work i just return it no charge. Needless to say I found one on Amazon for $99.99 prime free shipping and returns and I can get it the next day, so I jumped on it. just got thru installing and it works perfectly. My original pn# 6002L-0278A and the one I ordered and received was pn#6850L-1383A and it works. I did note on these different ribbons that the oem screen had no version info after description where as the after market has Touch FPC version0.2 and even thou it has 2014/09/29 Design date it works like the original. Just fyi my radio is a Panasonic 4C with Nav. Here's the Amazon link https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09L7MY9MP?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Attachments

• Original touch screen.jpg
    Original touch screen.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 13
  • New touch screen.jpg
    New touch screen.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Amazon item info.jpg
    Amazon item info.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 13

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I can confirm that airbudrecords part number he received will work. I cracked my screen just the other day trying to clean off some more glue that seeped out from behind the lcd and was causing more ghost touches. I had previously removed all the glue between the screens and all was good till this glue started seeping up from the bottom of the screen. I read this tread and thought perfect just the info i need. I searched and you can find these touchscreens for 30 to 70 dollars all over ebay and various shipping times with most coming from China and return charges so I thought let me look on Amazon there are a few and some come from the same seller as the ebay ones but there was two I found that where Shipped by Amazon not third party sellers and that's huge because if it doesn't work i just return it no charge. Needless to say I found one on Amazon for $99.99 prime free shipping and returns and I can get it the next day, so I jumped on it. just got thru installing and it works perfectly. My original pn# 6002L-0278A and the one I ordered and received was pn#6850L-1383A and it works. I did note on these different ribbons that the oem screen had no version info after description where as the after market has Touch FPC version0.2 and even thou it has 2014/09/29 Design date it works like the original. Just fyi my radio is a Panasonic 4C with Nav. Here's the Amazon link https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09L7MY9MP?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
You received a full screen assembly (LCD and digitizer)?

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
@SitKneelBend, No I just ordered the touchscreen/digitizer only not the lcd.
Gotcha thanks, I've actually been getting emails from suppliers in China asking if I still wanted the whole assembly. Price has gone down from $650 to $450 so I guess that's good news.

I was thinking you may have found someone that sells everything at their 2019 prices...

Scotty2Hottie83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello all, I am in a similar situation. So my screen isn't cracked at all but a bubble has formed so I assume the glue seeped out a little I imagine. Is there a way to just take it off, clean the goo, refill if necessary and seal it to prevent it leaking out again? Thanks.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hello all, I am in a similar situation. So my screen isn't cracked at all but a bubble has formed so I assume the glue seeped out a little I imagine. Is there a way to just take it off, clean the goo, refill if necessary and seal it to prevent it leaking out again? Thanks.
@Ryno1500 did a great write-up on this recently.

airbudrecords

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also used double sided tape (3M) on the digitizer but did not remove the protective film from the side that contacts the screen to ease replacement. I only used the tape for a spacer between digitizer and screen. It works great now. I cleaned my screen and digitizer, but the digitizer has a haze I could not remove. So, I'm replacing it. I tried the seller you referenced, but the part was still the wrong one. The first image on the product page shows the correct ribbon, but the other pictures show the ribbon for 6850L-1383A. I contacted the seller and he confirmed the part was only compatible with 6850L-1383A. I found another ebay seller whose pictures show the part I need (6002L-0278A). Hopefully, they send the correct part.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124852068603 - price $69.99 as of 11/25/2021, free shipping

Update: the part I ordered that I thought was correct based on the eBay pictures arrived today. The part shipped was the wrong one (6850L-1383A). Continuing my search for the correct part.

Update 12/1/2021: Although the ribbon layout for part 6850L-1383A is very different than 6002L-0278, the seller insisted that it would work and I should test it. I installed it and all screen functions work as intended. I also did not need to add any 3M double sided tape.
Ok, so I have since discovered that I am unable to set radio station presets unless I do a factory reset each time. Hopefully, I can find the exact part (6002L-0278A) this time.

audiomikej

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Ok, so I have since discovered that I am unable to set radio station presets unless I do a factory reset each time. Hopefully, I can find the exact part (6002L-0278A) this time.
If you cannot set the radio presets then the space between the display and digitizer is too much. Just use two layers of double-sided tape without insulator and it should work.