After digitizer changed on Uconnect 8.4 - new problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobrobert4C7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had the delaminating issue, bought a new digitizer, and went through the change process. After reinstall, the image looked like a cracked screen. However, took out and checked connections, including ribbon cables. Then I remounted and now have lots of stripes. (see pic) In some places, I can see parts of images (time, volume, edge of rear cam), but not all of any image.

When I press the screen (digitizer) in the right spots from my memory, the radio responds correctly (at least in basic functions).

Just in case, I did disconnect the battery and waited a while, but it did not change anything.

Any ideas on what to do or check next? (Thanks in advance)

Attachments

• RAM UConnect 8.4 in 2018 RAM 1500.jpg
    RAM UConnect 8.4 in 2018 RAM 1500.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 10

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That's a messed up screen for sure. I don't get how these keep screwing up for people, the tech has been used in the vehicles for over a decade now. Must be cheaping out on something. I have one that's at least 11 years old in pretty much continuous operation and it's great, albeit with older software. Watch, now that I said something mine is gonna go t!ts up.