Trouble with most ventilation functions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Albuquerque Adam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I’m having trouble tracking down the cause of several things not working. It seems like they’re all related, because once in a blue moon (maybe two or three times per year), they’ll all magically work again, until the next time i use my truck anyway.

This is a list of what’s not working:

• Actuator for vent (feet, face, windshield, etc.)
  • Hot/Cold actuator
  • Recycle/Fresh Air button
  • Snowflake button (mirror defrost?)
  • Vent with 3 squiggly arrows rising (windshield defrost?)
Oddly, the fan speed control does work.

Also, I notice that the airbag indicator in the console lights up, except those two or three times per year when everything is working properly, then it doesn’t light up.

I’ve checked the fuses more than a few times, and very thoroughly, every single fuse with a conductivity tester, and I’ve thoroughly cleaned every single contact in the fuse box. I’m confident that isn’t the issue. I’m not sure where else to look though. I’m hoping it’s not the computer, I’m sure that’s not cheap to replace…

Beyond that, I’m thinking it could be a connection in the dash itself, I’d love to save that as an absolute last resort though.

I’m curious to see if there are any other suggestions on where the point of failure might be.

Any advice is appreciated.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Visit heatertreater.net may give some help on air circ issues.