troutspinner’s Budget SQ 2014 Crew Cab Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just ran across this.....

F/S: BNIB HAT L4SE Carbon - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Damn good deal on a brand new set. They retail for $620. Just too bad they don't fit anywhere easily.

Yep. Well, I think I am going to put mids on the back burner. I wasn't going to get into them right away anyways. That was a summer plan after I get everything else into place.

For now, I want to focus on my amp rack and get double power to the mid-bass and then get a new sub box and subs. Maybe in the interim I'll dedicate the 2 leftover amp channels to my rears for the days when I want to make my ears bleed for fun.

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Troutspinner what are you thinking for an amp rack? I have been contemplating mounting everything behind the rear seat due to thee folding seat mod. I have read ideas but still debating on an amp install and rack system. I have purchased knekonceptz dual amp 0 gauge install kit with disturbution block so all power will come off that in the back.

OP
OP
T

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've already laid everything out (I'm a CAD guy) so everything will mount to a board, amps, DSP, distribution blocks and remote terminal.

I'll secure two wood strip to the back of the truck with construction adhesive, put the covering back on and then secure the board to the strips over the cover.

This is however all theory, until I climb in it and rip the back cover off and figure out the space I have things could change. I am in no rush though, I am waiting for it to get "warmish" outside before I start.

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
I thought of the same route. I had the seat out and the back cover off last year when I damplifer pro'd the back wall with second skin. The only thing to watch for wod be the air vents and the motor for the back window. How many amps will you be running? Any pics of the set up? Also Contact James lizard kings buddy for a super deal on the helix pro. I can pm you his number as well. I just ordered the l3v2 and JL. D 400/4 free him.

OP
OP
T

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks Lizard and Hipps.

No pics of the setup Hipps but it is 2 Alpine PDR-V75 and a Precision Power DEQ.8.

David, that sucks! I hate to say it but if you have the cash, get the Alpine DSP. It will get you there and then you can learn as you go. Ironically, it will actually teach you as you'll understand theory vs what you see the auto settings are.

OP
OP
T

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
David, I just read your post. Postponed til Monday, not too bad. Forget what I said about the Alpine! ;)

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
David, I just read your post. Postponed til Monday, not too bad. Forget what I said about the Alpine! ;)

Yeah, when he text me about the no-charge part, I felt a little guilty... :( I was expecting to drop $50 per hour or more.

Though the Alpine was an excellent recommendation on your part... If I come across one at a steal, I'll buy it anyways.

lizardking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 6.7 "The real deal"
What brands does he carry?? If BigRed re-schedules me one more time, I SWEAR I am buying an Alpine pxa H800!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr!!! Lol!

Honestly, not really sure what he carries these days. Was Zapco, Image Dynamics, Helix, Brax, CDT, Kenwood and I think he's carrying HAT now.

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Yes he carries hybrid and JL audio as well. I spent about 2750 with him lol. Really nice and ships right out. :) I pm you his contact and cell troutspinner.he is the man for the helix for sure best price.

dodtbdm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
just curious, do you have a power distribution block to run your amp and your dsp? Or did you run a separate power line? The deq-8 is still for sale on amazon for 314. Was thinking about picking one up for my current build plans. I'm a car audio noob but from seeing multiple build threads most people have some sort of processor.

OP
OP
T

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
just curious, do you have a power distribution block to run your amp and your dsp? Or did you run a separate power line? The deq-8 is still for sale on amazon for 314. Was thinking about picking one up for my current build plans. I'm a car audio noob but from seeing multiple build threads most people have some sort of processor.

Distribution for the DSP, it is a very low draw on power.

As for whether to buy a DSP, it all depends on how far you want to take your audio. Most of the guys here and elsewhere who run DSPs are heavily into audio and it is a hobby. If you just want good sound, there are less time consuming devices to get you there. Will it sound as good as a properly tuned DSP, no, but do you just want a good sounding system or do you want to make this a hobby and learn tuning and put in time?

dodtbdm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the insight. I just got done reading the dsp thread. Pretty good stuff. Reading through your thread and the way others described their sound in the dsp thread makes me want to have the best possible sound I can have. I find it a little annoying right now how much stronger the driver side audio comes across compared to the passenger. I will probably take the plunge and get a dsp.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the insight. I just got done reading the dsp thread. Pretty good stuff. Reading through your thread and the way others described their sound in the dsp thread makes me want to have the best possible sound I can have. I find it a little annoying right now how much stronger the driver side audio comes across compared to the passenger. I will probably take the plunge and get a dsp.

It's pretty amazing what proper time alignment can do for the sound... That was one of my biggest complaints too, before dsp.

lizardking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 6.7 "The real deal"
It's very addictive once you start and if you aren't careful you can **** allot of money away trying to achieve something that really can't be achieved in a vehicle due to limitations.

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Lol, I just posted a similar question on net audio build. Today I just received my knekonceptz 0ga dual amp power install kit, it comes with a disturbution block and then 4 ga over to the amps. I have read that the 4th gens with the towing/trailer break have an upgraded alt. Has anyone done the big 3 upgrade on these trucks or is stock sufficent? I am only gonna be run in one sub and 2 amps about 1500, but am always thinkin ahead lol... I haven't even installed my system yet and am upgrading it lol. I just have a ton of boxes of goods...still awaitn my box... I was excited to see your pic lizard king of your mold as I am next! :roflsquared:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 60

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol, I just posted a similar question on net audio build. Today I just received my knekonceptz 0ga dual amp power install kit, it comes with a disturbution block and then 4 ga over to the amps. I have read that the 4th gens with the towing/trailer break have an upgraded alt. Has anyone done the big 3 upgrade on these trucks or is stock sufficent? I am only gonna be run in one sub and 2 amps about 1500, but am always thinkin ahead lol... I haven't even installed my system yet and am upgrading it lol. I just have a ton of boxes of goods...still awaitn my box... I was excited to see your pic lizard king of your mold as I am next! :roflsquared:

:Whoa: That's a serious stack of audio ****!!!

BradKnob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

This audio game is a sick disease. Welcome aboard!

And stock electrical is plenty for what ur running. I've got 12 x 200 watt channels and 3-12"s on stock electrical with no dimming or issues.... Knock on wood