TRQ Wheel Bearing Hub experience?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Anyone (who doesn't work for them) have any experience, good or bad, with the TRQ brand wheel bearing hub assemblies that 1AAuto.com sells?

-K

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I haven't used TRQ. Are you looking to buy? Pretty sure for the price they're an import product. They'll probably last you a little while, It's hard to say. I think it's safe to say they won't last as long as an OEM ..but again, hard to say. Depends how long you plan to keep your pickup. If you're running oversized tires, or do much off-roading, I would shy away from the imports and go with a USA/Mexico made Mopar.

I rarely buy import wheel/hub assemblies after having a couple interesting experiences, noise, quality issues. But my brother buys cheap stuff all the time ..LOL. The last import hub I bought from OReilly's for my Hummer had .005" deflection at the hubface out of the box!! LOL. The only reason I took a chance on it (against my better judgement) was I wanted to use the tk for vacation. Luckily I checked it in the vise. Had I installed it, the rotor would have been WAY out of spec ...wobbling all over the place. I took it back and ordered an OEM Delco ...which was perfect and made in USA. But it was 80% more expensive (my Hummer has 33's on it too)

If you buy the TRQ, I would definitely put a dial indicator on it prior to install, to ensure it at least runs 'true' before you install it. If it doesn't it's a POS ...send it back right away. A Moog is like $118, SKF $133 (RockAuto.com). I suspect the Moog is an import too, but they have a known track record of a certain level of quality control. I read on RamForumz that SKF was the OEM supplier for Rams (according to someone who did some digging), but the $133 SKF unit might be a lower-graded product, or import (??). RockAuto sell a ACDelco which is pretty expensive. I wonder if it's and OEM quality product? That's the problem these days ...ya just don't know. Funny I don't see any Mopars on RockAuto right now. I guess between the four hubs discussed, I'd buy the SKF or ACDelco myself.....

If your bearings just started making noise, you should be able to add some grease through the ABS hole (remove ABS sensor, squirt some grease with syringe or grease needle, replace sensor). But best to replace the whole assembly.

Last edited:

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Actually, I looked up and dropped the Mopar hub/wheel assembly part number into RockAuto's website 68267298AD, and I was able to drop it into my cart, $158. Seems to be in stock. For $58 more than the TRQ, that's the one I'd buy ..if it were my pickup. Should be OEM quality. Low risk. (plz verify fitment)

Last edited:

Burn2k12Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree with @Jeepwalker here as I have had a bad experience with non-OEM hub assembly before. This is one of those parts you do not cheap out on. You may get lucky but most likely you will be doing the job again sooner than later.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
With bearing assemblies you never know what's actually going to be in the box. You could pay up for a brand name and get Chinesium or get one from Napa and find it's an OEM. Best you can do is maybe not buy the least expensive mail-order part and get to it.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Those look like some pretty nice A-arms! Replaceable ball joints too. Who makes them? Blue wheel studs, kind of cool ...are your nuts blue too? I mean for the wheels?

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Actually, I looked up and dropped the Mopar hub/wheel assembly part number into RockAuto's website 68267298AD, and I was able to drop it into my cart, $158. Seems to be in stock. For $58 more than the TRQ, that's the one I'd buy ..if it were my pickup. Should be OEM quality. Low risk. (plz verify fitment)

Just a couple monghs ago, I got the same OE hubs from RockAuto. That price is a full $100 less than my local dealer quoted me.

While the RockAuto price might be a little higher than aftermarket hubs, it's definately worth it for piece of mind, IMO.