Truck Backed up About 2 Feet and Stalled-Didn't Want to Move

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NETim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
This morning when backing out of the garage, the truck moved about 2 feet, then acted like it was hitting an obstacle on the ground. I shifted to D, moved forward, went back to R and tried again. It again acted like it something was under one of the tires. Drove forward again, got out, checked all 4 tires for obstructions, found none.

So, backed up again, again it acted like the truck was trying to roll over something/hit an obstacle etc. I gave it a little more throttle and backed all the way of the garage. .

It was then I thought to exercise the parking brake. That seemed to act normally. I don't set the parking brake when it sits in the garage.

Drove the truck down the road after that and it acted normally in every respect. The truck had been sitting idle since Saturday evening (after driving home through some heavy rain.)

Truck has 77K on it and it's an 8 speed.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was your door open? One of the updates in the past year or two stops the truck from reversing if the door is open.

Do you have rear parking sensors? If so, maybe it was detecting something and braking? I'm not sure if the 4th gen auto brakes in reverse for parking sensors, but I know the 5th gen does.