Truck goes into park when door opens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bandit1859

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone!
I work at a marina and we have just purchased a 2022 Ram Classic. It has a safety feature which I appreciate and believe it is very effective. We move boats around the lot all day and need to have the door open sometimes to watch the ground but this truck won't allow me to do it. Is there a way to disable this feature when I am in the lot. Thanks for your help!
Free hack fasten the seat belt behind you

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've bought 2 seat belt extenders from Seat Belt Pro's using my credit card and never had any issues, i don't have a pay pal account,and never had to sign up for one.But then again it was about 3 years ago when i bought from them

For anyone that has an interest in ordering from seatbeltextenderpro.com and can't be bothered with the online experience, they will accept a phone order with a credit card.

I talked to their customer service, a few minutes ago to confirm.

Toll-Free Number for US & Canada: +1 (888) 716-3222

PS: I have no affiliation with seatbeltextenderpro, I just like the product. :cool:

2023RAM1500ds

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hello everyone!
I work at a marina and we have just purchased a 2022 Ram Classic. It has a safety feature which I appreciate and believe it is very effective. We move boats around the lot all day and need to have the door open sometimes to watch the ground but this truck won't allow me to do it. Is there a way to disable this feature when I am in the lot. Thanks for your help!
I had my door slightly open as well and it shifted into park
...will that damage the transmission

Dodge trucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's freaking STUPID STUPID STUPID
I hate crap like that
I first saw this on a F150. As a mechanic for a living I open the door to line myself up pulling into the lift at work
As soon as I crack the latch the SOB puts itself in park preventing me from getting on the lift.
A worse one yet 2022 traverse will NOT let you take it out of park unless you hook the damned seat belt....just to move maybe 15 feet.
I not only don't like the newer vehicles I despise them. Give me an 80s d150 a full size RWD Dodge van and a ramcharger any day...
PLEASE

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's freaking STUPID STUPID STUPID
I hate crap like that
I first saw this on a F150. As a mechanic for a living I open the door to line myself up pulling into the lift at work
As soon as I crack the latch the SOB puts itself in park preventing me from getting on the lift.
A worse one yet 2022 traverse will NOT let you take it out of park unless you hook the damned seat belt....just to move maybe 15 feet.
I not only don't like the newer vehicles I despise them. Give me an 80s d150 a full size RWD Dodge van and a ramcharger any day...
PLEASE

As long as we have frivolous lawsuits, we can only expect the manufacturers to add more nanny BS, which has been clearly demonstrated, year after year.

Instead of becoming irritated, why not channel that energy into finding a solution?

I'm a big fan of the seatbeltextenderpro.com fix. After spending about $70K or more, what's another $20? :cool:

Dodge trucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I gotta buy one like I gotta buy and pay for the damn updates on my scanner too then just to work on these things... Great. And people wonder why I personally own old "junk"... Reasons like this are exactly why. .
Give me something I can work on with a timing light, vacuum gauge, distributor wrench and screwdriver.....

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
1717981616864.png

Ram Pickup Seat Belt Extender $19.99​

When i park,
I have 3 Mirrors
The Backup camera in the tailgate handle
&
i can open my door, as long as i have a 3" RIGID seat belt extender, i do Not have to fasten the Shoulder Strap !!
I never remove it from my Ram

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just installed a DiabloSport Trinity 2 EX Platinum tuner in the truck and the canned OEM tune on the unlocked PCM didn't have that "update" on it. So I was able to do everything to get tuner going without the stupid auto park thing.

I saved the locked OEM PCM (returned a locked standby/spare one I had) that has all the updates, just in case.

Doug Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel _3.0
Just click the belt in before getting in truck, then get in and sit on belt. I do this every time I have to deal with hooking up or moving trailer around the yard. No seatbelt chime and you can open door when in any gear and move truck as far and fast as u want.