Truck stuck in limp mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AkNoad2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Was driving home from work Friday afternoon and before I made it 2 miles my truck down shifted into 4th gear and the check engine light illuminated. Put a code reader on it and it came back with a P0750 code, shift solenoid, valve body, wiring or fluid so I changed the fluid and filters and cleaned out the solenoid but the issue still remains. I have a shift solenoind headed this way plus i;m putting a new pan on it with the drain bolt so no more messy fluid changes.

Anyone else have this happen to their trucka and if so, what did you do to fix it.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
Was driving home from work Friday afternoon and before I made it 2 miles my truck down shifted into 4th gear and the check engine light illuminated. Put a code reader on it and it came back with a P0750 code, shift solenoid, valve body, wiring or fluid so I changed the fluid and filters and cleaned out the solenoid but the issue still remains. I have a shift solenoind headed this way plus i;m putting a new pan on it with the drain bolt so no more messy fluid changes.

Anyone else have this happen to their trucka and if so, what did you do to fix it.
My truck went into limp mode 4th gear and the dealership did a relearn/quick learn on it and it hasn’t went into limp mode since. I still am having issues with 6th slipping but no more limp mode.

OP
OP
AkNoad2

AkNoad2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'll have to look into that, thanks for the tip HH.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Mine did this and I ended up replacing the valve body. That was on a 545rfe trans.

OP
OP
AkNoad2

AkNoad2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Mine did this and I ended up replacing the valve body. That was on a 545rfe trans.
Did it come with a new shift solenoid on it?

OP
OP
AkNoad2

AkNoad2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So here's an update: I swapped the shift solenoid out and put it all back together, took her for a test drive and it appears that the issue has been fixed. Pretty easy job if you take your time.