Trying to make this louder is exhausting...see what I did there.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drock2k1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First post and super new to the forum. I’m 43 and this is the first truck I’ve owned. Turned in my Scat Pack lease last week for a 2020 Ram BigHorn Night Edition.

Love the truck but there are some things I certainly miss ...like actually hearing the Hemi. I didn’t expect 6.4 SP loud but I had a 5.7 Daytona that was about 3 times louder. So, the second thing I plan to do with the truck (new tires on Monday) is figuring out an exhaust. It is mind numbing though with all of the threads and opinions but one prevailing opinion is that MDS causes problems. This seems strange to me as my Daytona and SP both had MDS, would never drone, and had great stock exhausts. Anyway, glad to be here and looking forward to finding out more about all this stuff.
96D39AB9-0124-484B-874C-EEDAF4D81139.jpeg

Anonymous007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome. Nice looking truck there!!

Popular choice around here seem to be the carven progressive or competitor.

I just installed a progressive and like the sound a lot!

I would suggest trying to listen to as many youtube clips as you can and make your choice after that. Im sure others will chime in shortly. Good luck on your choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
18” magnaflow sounds good imo.

2016Bighorny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
18" Magnaflow direct fit muffler here...
LOVE it!!!
I took off my previous Carven Progressive, and bolted on the Maggie.
The Carven was obnoxiously loud on cold starts... too dang loud for my neighbors!

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Carven Progressive here on my 2017 5.7 Rebel. Added the black tips also.

Wouldn't change a thing. Nice rumble, just like I like it.

There are several to choose from. Hit up Youtube and have a listen.

Good luck with your choice and welcome aboard! Let the modding begin! :)

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
This is my opnion. Stick with the stright through or turbo style mufflers like the magnaflow. The chamber mufflers to me seem make the mds worse. Muflex uses a magnaflow muffler they are direct bolt ins. They have 14in 18in and 24in the also have a delete. Smaller muffler the louder it is. Personally the 14 and the 18 are both good with factory resonators you can hear it under accleration and idle but quite down cruising low rpm. Borla and corsa make good kits if money isn't a worry.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I swapped the single exhaust to a MF cat back with 2 resonators into twin 5" SS exh tips. Looks cool & good rumble.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I put a Flowmaster Outlaw on and left everything else stock.
It sounds great IMO.
Had plenty of compliments on it (and a couple complaints)
Next time I might try a full delete pipe instead...
(P.S. My 5.7 Daytona came with Magnaflow exhaust right from the factory and I think my Ram might actually sound better now. Definitely louder.)
If I were to get a full system it would be a Magnaflow for sure.

OP
OP
D

Drock2k1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have seen posts about having a muffler custom piped. Gonna be honest, I have zero clue what that means. My muffler does not need to be a direct fit. From what I have read, there are a lot of advantages of having something welded on.

DURASPANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have seen posts about having a muffler custom piped. Gonna be honest, I have zero clue what that means. My muffler does not need to be a direct fit. From what I have read, there are a lot of advantages of having something welded on.
This is what I did on my mega cab. Cut the single off just before the muffler then used a flowmaster super 44 3-3.5" single in and 2.5 dual out the back with 5" tips. It's loud inside and out but mellow down hwy unless you get on it. The larger tips make the biggest difference is sound.

TheKenster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you want the best sound with no drone, get a Borla . Either ATAK (really loud) or S-type. Trust me I did exhaustive (pun intended) research

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk