Trying to order new Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

detchargerfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have decided to turn in my '17 charger for a new 2019 Ram Limited. I am trying to order one, but this has been easier said then done. I first tried to order one in Patriot Blue.... dealer tells me FCA no longer offers it in that color. OK fine I pick out a new color. Now I am being told that FCA is not currently allowing dealers to order them with a etorque engine, which is what I really want.

Has anyone else recently tried to order one and run in to these issues? What the heck is FCA doing???

Dontra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI Etorque
v8 etorque is unavailable tell maybe next month

Dontra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI Etorque
One of the dealers reps said FCA was waiting for parts. Ram would start taking orders about November then ship about January. There is a thread on the forum.

karmasoft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
First post here. Am in same boat, and was planning to place order yesterday. Dealer response was, "We cannot order eTorque engine right now. It may be another month before we can." To which I asked why? "We're not sure the factory has it on hold."

OP
OP
D

detchargerfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One of the dealers reps said FCA was waiting for parts. Ram would start taking orders about November then ship about January. There is a thread on the forum.

I guess I didn't look deep enough in the forums. Can you provide a link to that thread please?

Dontra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI Etorque
Could not find the post. Check with other dealers they can not order it.

OP
OP
D

detchargerfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could not find the post. Check with other dealers they can not order it.

I'm not questioning if it is true or not I'm just trying to get as much info as possible because I would prefer the etorque but I would also like the vehicle before winter hits hard here in southeast Michigan. So now I have to make the decision of getting one now without it or waiting and getting it.

Dontra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI Etorque
Have you looked at other states to see if they have what you are looking for? www.freelandauto.com will pay i think it is $200 to fly you down to pick up the truck if they have what you want.

OP
OP
D

detchargerfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you looked at other states to see if they have what you are looking for? www.freelandauto.com will pay i think it is $200 to fly you down to pick up the truck if they have what you want.

I am not sure of an easy way to check other states other then putting in zip codes for major cities on the ram search. That place looks interesting but does not have what I'm looking for. My issue is I'm looking for a specific set of features that the dealers don't order for their lots. 5.7 etorque, rambox, bed utility, tech group 1 or w/e it's called, 3.92 rear axle, and no tow group because I want the 360 camera. So yeah I'm not going to get it unless i order it. :-/

beepster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have decided to turn in my '17 charger for a new 2019 Ram Limited. I am trying to order one, but this has been easier said then done. I first tried to order one in Patriot Blue.... dealer tells me FCA no longer offers it in that color. OK fine I pick out a new color. Now I am being told that FCA is not currently allowing dealers to order them with a etorque engine, which is what I really want.

Has anyone else recently tried to order one and run in to these issues? What the heck is FCA doing???

Hmmmm. First the Rambox, now the etorque????

john94si

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What patriot blue is available.. I drove one on the lot recetnly.