Tune for my '11?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rduchateau2954

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got an intake sitting in a box. The exhaust is factory manifolds and cats into a carven AR1 and no resonators.

If I picked up a throttle body from Moe's, what tune do you recommend? I'm really not looking to tear into the motor. I do have 33x12.5" tires and may go up in the future.

Gracias

'11 Ram RCSB 4x4

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Talk to Matt (@Hemi450hp), who is Moesperformance.com. You could do the 87mm TB and Diablo Trinity T1000 tuner + Hemifever tune. Sean(Hemifever) could do a custom tune for you, and work with you to get you where you want to be on shiftpoints, etc. That would be a great start. Post some pics when you get a chance.

Good luck!

OP
OP
rduchateau2954

rduchateau2954

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well the reason I'm asking is I was looking at Sean price list and he's got can tunes for bolt ons and custom tunes for cammed/stroked motors.

I've always planned on a custom tune but now I'm wondering if I wont have enough work done for a custom tune.

The throttle body and catch can have been on my list for a long time. Truck is almost paid off so now is the time to get it how I want it.

Plus it's leveled now and I'd really like to find some lighter 35's but I'd hate to lose that power.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Sean's a good guy and can steer you in the right direction. CAI, Headers, TB (no change needed for a C-can) and 35" tires. Maybe the e-fan mod? Others can chime in, but you're further than most on mods.

Congrats on having it almost paid off!

OP
OP
rduchateau2954

rduchateau2954

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really don't wanna mess with headers though. I just went through the whole manifold bolt fiasco

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I had a custom tune done for my 6.4L powered Ram and it was a night and day difference between it and the "canned tunes" in the programmer. Other than an intake and exhaust I had no other performance mods.

I started with a 91 octane tune, logged the truck's performance and sent the logs to the tuner for the work. Got the tune back by email and loaded it up. Did that 3 times and, in the end, I was super happy with the results.