Tuner to control active shutters.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mlappin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Replaced the thermostat with a 192, the 203 is just nuts. Also replaced fan clutch as it was freewheeling even at 210. Can still see when the active shutters open and close by watching temps, would prefer to leave em in as we actually have winter here and sometimes its nothing but short drives for weeks at a time.

I contacted Diablo and they said they can’t control the shutters, just the efan.

Is there a tuner available so I can program the shutters to open sooner?

I’m gonna play a little with the new fan clutch and see if I can set it to lock up sooner as well. I kept the old and am gonna mount it in the Bridgeport and see if it's possible to cut new slots for the end of the spring to fit in. We have a IH straight truck the fan clutch is set up like this.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
HP tuners can’t modify the AGS parameters either. What you can do is just unplug them for winter, then using HP tuners or similar, delete the dtcs from setting the CEL. That’s what I did for my truck. Once winter hits I will just plug them back in.

OP
OP
mlappin

mlappin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
HP tuners can’t modify the AGS parameters either. What you can do is just unplug them for winter, then using HP tuners or similar, delete the dtcs from setting the CEL. That’s what I did for my truck. Once winter hits I will just plug them back in.

I’d have to trace the harness, can they be unplugged without popping the grill out? Sooner or later I can see breaking the grill tabs or something stupid.

I still might get the tuner just to turn Eco off, I know better than even trying to explain to the wife about using the steering wheel buttons to turn eco off.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
You have to pull the grill out to get at the plug, it’s kinda tight but not to bad.

ediekeith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do I need to do the PCM upgrade service to delete the AGS dtc? I keep getting the u11e9 code for AGS. I have replaced the shutter assembly, pigtail connector and have good power and ground at the connector. I am afraid I have a bad LiN wire.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Do I need to do the PCM upgrade service to delete the AGS dtc? I keep getting the u11e9 code for AGS. I have replaced the shutter assembly, pigtail connector and have good power and ground at the connector. I am afraid I have a bad LiN wire.

Depends on the year of your truck wether you need the pcm unlock or not. If it’s 2015+ you’ll have to get your pcm unlocked in order to tune it.