Tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dell1991

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Have anyone used the diablo Turner on their ram how did it go I have a 14 ram looking to do it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I've used the Diablosport tuners for quite some time now.

Tuned my 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT8, my 2007 Ram MegaCan with the 5.7L HEMI and my 2014 Ram 2500 with the 6.4L HEMI.

In all cases I found the "canned" tunes, the ones they send you with the tuner, are just so so. But a custom tune, done by a Diablosport trained tuner either on a dyno or by email, is awesome.

All my tuned vehicles ran great and I had no problem with the tuner or programs.

OP
OP
D

dell1991

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Man thanks so much I'm just trying to add a little me hp to it n unlock the speed limiter on it...I'm going to change the underdrive pulley and maybe a bigger cat....trying to gain without getting expensive...any suggestions.???..I have a cold air intake on it....I want the parts to be able to take the tune without having problems

OP
OP
D

dell1991

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I've used the Diablosport tuners for quite some time now.

Tuned my 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT8, my 2007 Ram MegaCan with the 5.7L HEMI and my 2014 Ram 2500 with the 6.4L HEMI.

In all cases I found the "canned" tunes, the ones they send you with the tuner, are just so so. But a custom tune, done by a Diablosport trained tuner either on a dyno or by email, is awesome.

All my tuned vehicles ran great and I had no problem with the tuner or programs.
Thanks man appreciate it!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Do a cold air intake, the tuner, a custom tune and a freer flowing exhaust.

Those mods are really a great bang for the buck and aren't such a huge change in HP or torque that your stock systems will fail because of the mods.

The tuner can remove the speed limiter, set e-fan temps, change tire sizes and a few other options. Since your truck is a 2014 you won't need an unlocked PCM which is a good thing.

You can leave your stock cat alone unless you need to replace it. But consider getting a freer flowing muffler and a better intake. More air in + more air out + optimized fuel & spark = More Power!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Man thanks so much I'm just trying to add a little me hp to it n unlock the speed limiter on it...I'm going to change the underdrive pulley and maybe a bigger cat....trying to gain without getting expensive...any suggestions.???..I have a cold air intake on it....I want the parts to be able to take the tune without having problems

Take the money from the under drive pulley and put it towards a set of headers instead.The pulley isn't going to do much for your butt dyno,but a set of long tube headers and tune will

OP
OP
D

dell1991

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What if I have straight pipe? I removed the muffler n resignators....???

OP
OP
D

dell1991

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Take the money from the under drive pulley and put it towards a set of headers instead.The pulley isn't going to do much for your butt dyno,but a set of long tube headers and tune will
I was thinking that headers just a lil pricey to get done but I believe that's the route ima take...and the pulley route is really cheap....thanks man I appreciate ya

OP
OP
D

dell1991

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Do a cold air intake, the tuner, a custom tune and a freer flowing exhaust.

Those mods are really a great bang for the buck and aren't such a huge change in HP or torque that your stock systems will fail because of the mods.

The tuner can remove the speed limiter, set e-fan temps, change tire sizes and a few other options. Since your truck is a 2014 you won't need an unlocked PCM which is a good thing.

You can leave your stock cat alone unless you need to replace it. But consider getting a freer flowing muffler and a better intake. More air in + more air out + optimized fuel & spark = More Power!
So I have a cold air intake I deleted my mufflers and resignators so ur suggesting n new exhaust system?

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew
Have a Diablosport tuner w/hemifever 93 tune along with the mods in my signature. Truck runs strong...really happy with it! Good luck.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
So I have a cold air intake I deleted my mufflers and resignators so ur suggesting n new exhaust system?

You didn't mention any of that earlier.

However I do have some suggestions regarding your exhaust as it is now:

1. Remove any part of it that restricts the flow. So if you have a Y-pipe where one side of the engine's exhaust crosses over to the other pipe. A lot of stock Y-pipes have been flattened to fit and that is one restriction to look for.

2. Add a muffler. You need a bit of backpressure to promote exhaust flow and scavenging. It will actually help. It doesn't have to be a stock one but one that flows well is recommended.

3. You don't need the resonator but one will cut down on drone. They are not restrictive so use one or don't depending on sound.

Boss_Ram_UK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey bud, FYI.
Not all 13-14 Rams will accept a trans tune via Diablosport, my 14 certainly didn't, so I went with HP Tuners. So, if a trans tune is something you will be wanting i'd have a look at that option.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
If you have the 6-speed you are good to go with Diablo also.......the 8-speed trans was the maybe on 2013-14

OP
OP
D

dell1991

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If you have the 6-speed you are good to go with Diablo also.......the 8-speed trans was the maybe on 2013-14
Yea I have the 8 speed hemi sport...is it any way I can look it up...I went on their website it said I was good

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The 8 speed tune was an issue when Diablosport initially offered a tuner for the Ram trucks. They've since taken care of that issue I believe. Give them a call and confirm it.

Cwils80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I honestly would ask both diablo sport and a tuner for your truck. There's plenty stories where the tcm tune on some 2014s will brick or cause the pcm to need reflashed or just won't work.

I had a diablo canned tune with my 2011 4.7 Dakota and it worked great! I did the pcm swap with my 2015 8spd and a custom tune with Jay Greene and everything went perfect and an amazing tune by Jay!

Denis Mitchell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have anyone used the diablo Turner on their ram how did it go I have a 14 ram looking to do it

Got mine from Moe's Performance diablo sport i3. They give you 2 tunes with purchase. Woke my 14 up. I also have a few mods

Denis Mitchell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I purchased diablo sport i3 from Moe's Performance. The give you 2 tunes with purchase. Woke my 14 up. I have a few mods also

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Have an i-3 tuner on my 2011. I'm running the 91tune and truck performs great.

A custom tune is great but it may or may not be necessary depending on your driving style