Tuners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys. Quick question. I’m looking to get a tuner. I have a 2005 ram 1500 5.7.. Between bully dog, Diablo sport and superchips flashpaq which one would you pick?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hey guys. Quick question. I’m looking to get a tuner. I have a 2005 ram 1500 5.7.. Between bully dog, Diablo sport and superchips flashpaq which one would you pick?

I would use the Diablosport like a Predator, inTune I3 or the Trinity as these are capable of custom tuning. The Superchips Dashpaq #30601 is a tuner and an in-cab monitor and supports custom tuning through a CMR tuner like the Diablosport units. The Bully Dog GT does not support custom tuning. I have used plenty of Diablosport tuners over the years as well as the Superchips Flashpaq. I do not have any experience with the Superchips custom tuning products so I cant provide any insight if you want to go that route. The Diablosport products are easy to use and CMR dealers are everywhere to get custom tunes from. There are a few custom tuners here on the forum that are very popular like @hemifever and @JayGreene

OP
OP
Diro

Diro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would use the Diablosport like a Predator, inTune I3 or the Trinity as these are capable of custom tuning. The Superchips Dashpaq #30601 is a tuner and an in-cab monitor and supports custom tuning through a CMR tuner like the Diablosport units. The Bully Dog GT does not support custom tuning. I have used plenty of Diablosport tuners over the years as well as the Superchips Flashpaq. I do not have any experience with the Superchips custom tuning products so I cant provide any insight if you want to go that route. The Diablosport products are easy to use and CMR dealers are everywhere to get custom tunes from. There are a few custom tuners here on the forum that are very popular like @hemifever and @JayGreene

I appreciate the suggestions. I was thinking to get the diablo and I guess that’s what I’m going to get. Thanks again

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Superchips if you aren't cracking the engine open (this gets you transmission tuning). Diablo if you intend to cam or boost it (for custom tuning). For stock 3rd gens with just the basic bolt-ons, Superchips has always been better. If you intend to custom tune it or need the custom tune, then you need a Diablo.