Turbo chargers for the 6.4 Hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Has anyone put a turbo on the 6.4 Hemi?
If so how big of a turbo and how did you do the oil lines?
What kind of power increases did you find?

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
It would be interesting if it could actually be done while keeping the coolant/oil temps in check while towing. The trans would also need to upgraded.

OP
OP
McBroom

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I know that the engine and trans would need a tune.
I most I’m mostly interested in the physical install and the hp increases. Boost max etc...
The internal sand heads will handle the pressure.
Maybe I can get some input from the masters of hp to help out.
@Hemi450
@hemifever
And some of the others.

The Blue Mule

RAM-pagingMN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man, that kit is tempting. i emailed them for info. Pro charger has a good track record and their stuff is fairly easy to install.

OP
OP
McBroom

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Man, that kit is tempting. i emailed them for info. Pro charger has a good track record and their stuff is fairly easy to install.

Yeah tax time is coming so time to start planning

The Blue Mule

RAM-pagingMN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so after some deep research, found a guy who has a procharged lifted monster sponsored by RBP. he has a dyno video putting out 509 HP and 509 TQ to the wheels. Mind you he has 42 inch tires and 28 inch wheels! im talking to him now, install was pretty easy and truck runs smooth. 6 lbs of boost.
https://www.instagram.com/damonre1/

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
so after some deep research, found a guy who has a procharged lifted monster sponsored by RBP. he has a dyno video putting out 509 HP and 509 TQ to the wheels. Mind you he has 42 inch tires and 28 inch wheels! im talking to him now, install was pretty easy and truck runs smooth. 6 lbs of boost.
https://www.instagram.com/damonre1/
Wow!
Look at those trucks!
Can't imagine having that kind of $$.
OK, back to work.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Procharger kit is a very good kit and the Prochargers usually have very nice daily drive ability as well. Let me know if we can help with the purchase of some boost!

RAM-pagingMN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks Nick, I actually have a quote for the charger and install from a local shop. do i need to get the upgraded injectors or is that just recommended?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks Nick, I actually have a quote for the charger and install from a local shop. do i need to get the upgraded injectors or is that just recommended?

you will need bigger injectors. Procharger offers 2 kits. 1 is a complete kit, comes with tuning and fueling parts. The other kits is a "tuner kit". This comes with everything except tuning and fueling parts. The tuner kit is good if you plan to have the install done at a shop that will do custom/dyno tuning for you. As they can guide you as to what injectors, BAP, etc...they think would work best and then custom tune the truck.

I dont know if the shop you are using is just doing the install or not. If they are going to tune it or if they have installed a bunch of these I would talk to them and see what they recommend. IF they say go with the tuner kit please make sure to find out what injectors they are recommending and do some research on them. Fuel injectors are not something to cheap out on. Get QUALITY injectors if you buy separate. Good injectors will help you make better power, more mpg, and be more reliable. Last thing you want is one to fail and you lean out a cylinder...

Now I also recommend you eventually throw some long tube headers with 1 7/8" primaries with y pipe. This will help the truck really make good power with the forced induction. You are ramming air in there, the headers will help get it out much more efficiently.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thats what i'm looking at next. what will a set of LTH cost?

We highly recommend American Racing Headers. We have other options that may be a little cheaper but ARH have proven to be the best especially for the RAMs. ARH makes a very nice setup for the 6.4. Would you want it with or without cats?