turbo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Davy120

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know what it would take to run this turbo in my truck?

Attachments

• 5Id5L95Ef3K53La3Hcc8u6e6d20731e4e16d1.jpg
    5Id5L95Ef3K53La3Hcc8u6e6d20731e4e16d1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 41

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Allot ..

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
They summed it up in those five letters. It can be done but better off with a diff turbo. Its gonne be alot of fab work for either running a front mount or a remote mount. Remote mounts require different oiling systems that are prone to failure. Once the mechanical side of things gets done then the fun of tuning gets started.

OP
OP
Davy120

Davy120

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok then that leads to my next question turbo or supercharger?

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
That leads me to ask what's your budget ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Davy120

Davy120

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
lol right now nothing but deployment money makes miracles happen :) what would be better in the long run? not really sure of the difference apart from turbo being a delayed power boost and supercharger is right now power

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
The 03 computer is gonna be the issue. Either one you decide on you have to figure on going cammed atleast to have a good working motor, then your talking heads to help flow all the extra CFM, after that its fighting the computer to get it all to work. Like Dave asked budget is gonna be the factor in this along with down time.

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
turbo is what i would do. i have a s/c and its pretty decent. but knowing what i know now, turbo hands down.

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
more boost is easily had. i am looking for 10lbs and it is taking alot to get it there. i mean i am gonna get it. but its not that easy.unless you have a cog drive setup for the s/c you are gonna have belt slip issues. i guarantee it.i fabbed a extra idler pulley to help with belt rap, and it helped,but didnt eliminate it.with the way i built my motor i shouldnt have any problems running 15lbs.a turbo runs off the exhaust. no power loss.boost is boost know matter how you look at it. you are compressing air and shoving it down the throat. i am running a centrifugal s/c, looks like a turbo. tuning issues are the same with both. turbo puts off more heat,but with a good intercooler(which i am running anyway) it doesnt matter. really the only extra expense is a turbo manifold. for either one you are looking at about 6-8k$ if you want to do it right.

Last edited:

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
That leads me to ask what's your budget ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats the first question that should be answered.
Figure on needing:
Manifold
piping and couplers
intercooler
Fuel upgrades (injectors, pump, etc) and tuning (several ways of going about this, and it is NOT a place to skimp on).
Exhaust (downpipe) to meet up with the rest of the exhaust
Blowoff valve and wategate (forget if the one you pictured is internally gated)
Oil (and coolant if water cooled) feed and drain lines.
Gauges
To get you started.

more boost is easily had. i am looking for 10lbs and it is taking alot to get it there. i mean i am gonna get it. but its not that easy.unless you have a cog drive setup for the s/c you are gonna have belt slip issues. i guarantee it.i fabbed a extra idler pulley to help with belt rap, and it helped,but didnt eliminate it.with the way i built my motor i shouldnt have any problems running 15lbs.a turbo runs off the exhaust. no power loss.boost is boost know matter how you look at it. you are compressing air and shoving it down the throat. i am running a centrifugal s/c, looks like a turbo. tuning issues are the same with both. turbo puts off more heat,but with a good intercooler(which i am running anyway) it doesnt matter. really the only extra expense is a turbo manifold. for either one you are looking at about 6-8k$ if you want to do it right.

This is why i've always favored turbo's over a S/C
Both are a nice upgrade, but most turbo set-ups allow more flexability.