Turn signal errors after LED headlight bulb install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jon49522

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed LED high & low beam bulbs in the factory halogen housings, and enabled the LED option for both in AlfaOBD. Took a few days for the headlight errors to stop occurring, but I've been getting front & rear turn signal errors ever since, and I can't seem to figure out what's up. All turn signals work normally, but the LED mirror lights hyperflash due to the errors.

Any ideas? Thanks!!

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LOOK here: Start at post 5104

You can also use search bar on right and type in wording like: lights hyperflash after LED install, and U will get different threads to look at. Time for U to look. I personally have never done since I have a 5th Gen with installed LED.

OP
OP
J

Jon49522

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LOOK here: Start at post 5104

You can also use search bar on right and type in wording like: lights hyperflash after LED install, and U will get different threads to look at. Time for U to look. I personally have never done since I have a 5th Gen with installed LED.
I don't have LED turn signals, and I don't see an answer to that post anyway.

I have searched, but not found an answer specifically for this issue with all halogen bulbs expect for the high & low beams.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IMHO, you are gonna have to search and see how PPL use resistors due to voltage incompatibilities, ie., drawing more/less than the parameters set up. Sorry, all I got, lol.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IMHO, you are gonna have to search and see how PPL use resistors due to voltage incompatibilities, ie., drawing more/less than the parameters set up. Sorry, all I got, lol.
Gone are the days of "simple" parts/ system substitutions. Some of the long term problems take lots of miles/months/years to manifest.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gone are the days of "simple" parts/ system substitutions. Some of the long term problems take lots of miles/months/years to manifest.
You think, sometimes I miss the "old" days, like setting a set of points with a folded over matchbook cover, got .030 there, lol the things U sometimes remember.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You think, sometimes I miss the "old" days, like setting a set of points with a folded over matchbook cover, got .030 there, lol the things U sometimes remember.
The core reason for going from points to electronic ignition was pretty basic. As the point gap got smaller with time/wear on the distributor points cam pad, the dwell increased. For every degree the dwell increased, the ignition timing changed to the opposite. IOW, the timing degraded in step with each degree in dwell going up from wear. This phenomena was why the points had to go if emissions were to be kept consistent, among other factors.

Truth is, I Do NOT miss the old days, especially in cold weather, having to pump the accelerator and set a choke and warm the engine before the car had any decent drivability.

Last edited: