U0212 Lost Connection with Steering Console Control Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kilted Fireman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am stuggling to find information regarding the U0212 code. I know it is related to the steering console control module, however I cannot find where to locate the CAN bus(es) to test. The issue started a few weeks ago when any of the electronics connected to the steering column (i.e. wipers, hi beam, cruise control, etc) stopped working. The wipers won't turn off.
Has anyone else had this issue and before I take it to the dealership, is there anything I can do? I have an Alpha OBDII reader but am a novice at using it.
Do I need to take steering console apart and look at the harness, or is it the module or even the clock spring?

Thanks,

MalekFahl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you find anything out about this? I just started having this problem today, nothing works on the steering wheel, turn signals don't work, wipers stay on constantly when you turn on ignition. I'm getting error 0212, was it the clock spring?

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Sounds like a broken wire in the harness. There was a recall for 2014 that addressed issues with the harness in the steering wheel

poortb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just fixed this in my 2019 Big Horn, new model by replacing the 15 AMP fuse under the dash in F53.

N_2_MOPAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Guys/Gals, Check the large two white plugs down by your left foot when sitting in the truck.
My truck was doing the same thing intermittently, after some research I found that the plugs can get damaged or loosen up from getting kicked all the time.
One of mine actually had the retaining clip broken off, I simply used zip tie's to hold it back together.
Haven't had a problem since...