UAQ /UAS , Better yet, Uconnect in general with USB C ports :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
thrashie

thrashie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Laramie
Engine
6.7l cummins turbo diesel
one thing to note for those that had issues, was it plugged into the outside USB port and not the one in the middle next to power?

it needs to be on the outside one.

Athlium

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
yeah.. mine plug is keyed..so has to be on the outside.. I have enabled additional USB ports in ALFA.. but still only 1 port will see android Auto and USB drive only.. other ports for charging only. I wonder if it's radio software..

03/04/2022
Today I tested with USB-C Ports and the Android Auto kicked in on the phone.. So I was able to switch to USB 1 the radio and then use USB drive for music on USB 2. both USB C ports are linked to USB 1 on Radio and both USB A ports are linked to USB 2. nothing is detected on USB 3.

in Alfa I changed, Body Computer
Car Configuration Change
ECUConfig 3: External Port Type
AUX + USB + SD + EXTRA USB + EXTRA USB

Radio & Connectivity: Number of USB Audio Sources Present
4 USB Port

Last edited:

jazzyjavaz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 RAM 2500 SLT
Engine
Cummings I6.7
@Athlium, So your AA just started working now? Was this due to doing something with AlphaOBD? I remember you having error 8 before and was looking to find a solution.

Athlium

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
@Athlium, So your AA just started working now? Was this due to doing something with AlphaOBD? I remember you having error 8 before and was looking to find a solution.
Correct. I had to new hub out after not getting AA to work and went back to original Hub, still didn't work. Had some family travel. Took some measurements of the hub case to try to create new 3D files to fit original opening so I don't have to modify/cut the original hole bigger.

I decided to put the new hub back in on Tuesday (disconnected battery before hand then replaced the hub) waited about 30 minutes and then knew I had to reset the clock on the radio. once I reset the clock, I tried to plug in different devices to test the USB settings on the radio screen. and low and behold.. Android Auto kicked in this FREAKING TIME without the error -8.

I tested all 4 ports and was able to get AA working with phone (again, USB-C shows active on USB1 on radio screen, USB-A shows active on USB2 on radio screen) so now I can use USB media audio while using my AA screen for maps/GPS

jazzyjavaz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 RAM 2500 SLT
Engine
Cummings I6.7
Correct. I had to new hub out after not getting AA to work and went back to original Hub, still didn't work. Had some family travel. Took some measurements of the hub case to try to create new 3D files to fit original opening so I don't have to modify/cut the original hole bigger.

I decided to put the new hub back in on Tuesday (disconnected battery before hand then replaced the hub) waited about 30 minutes and then knew I had to reset the clock on the radio. once I reset the clock, I tried to plug in different devices to test the USB settings on the radio screen. and low and behold.. Android Auto kicked in this FREAKING TIME without the error -8.

I tested all 4 ports and was able to get AA working with phone (again, USB-C shows active on USB1 on radio screen, USB-A shows active on USB2 on radio screen) so now I can use USB media audio while using my AA screen for maps/GPS
So today I finally completed my ATC mod and noticed my AA works now also. I didnt do any other changes other than changing the HVAC settings from MTC -> Dual ATC-> Single ATC. Let the unit reboot and sit for the afternoon while I went out with the family. Once we got back I checked the progress and voila the stuff worked. Not Sure what, if any, correlation there is with the conversion process and activating the AA. So it was something to do with the radio or the BCM telling the radio something...

Athlium

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
So today I finally completed my ATC mod and noticed my AA works now also. I didnt do any other changes other than changing the HVAC settings from MTC -> Dual ATC-> Single ATC. Let the unit reboot and sit for the afternoon while I went out with the family. Once we got back I checked the progress and voila the stuff worked. Not Sure what, if any, correlation there is with the conversion process and activating the AA. So it was something to do with the radio or the BCM telling the radio something...
glad it worked out for you. How long did it take from start to when you got AA working? I think it took almost 6 weeks from me installing the new radio to getting the settings changed and updating the USB port settings with Alfa and the last go about with the time change for AA to start working.

jazzyjavaz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 RAM 2500 SLT
Engine
Cummings I6.7
So, Ive had the radio for a bit, but just recently installed the usb hub and then this weekend changed the hvac settings. Not sure what was the Breakthrough point but it works now. So its probably been a month since ive installed the usb hub.

crookedmosquito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just bought this hub for my 2014 Ram 1500 Sport as well the adapter from mgrimm and a UAQ radio, 68461699AB. Has anyone tested this HUB with Apple Carplay or was just Android Auto tested? Also, i see 3 connections on the back of the hub, so will all 4 usb connections work, 2 usb c and 2 usb, and you will just lose the AUX functionality?

Athlium

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Just bought this hub for my 2014 Ram 1500 Sport as well the adapter from mgrimm and a UAQ radio, 68461699AB. Has anyone tested this HUB with Apple Carplay or was just Android Auto tested? Also, i see 3 connections on the back of the hub, so will all 4 usb connections work, 2 usb c and 2 usb, and you will just lose the AUX functionality?
I don't have an iphone to test so I can't tell you. But I did test AUX and it does work.
As stated in previous posts, USB-C ports shows as USB 1 and USB-A ports shows as USB 2 on the radio.

Athlium

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Wanted to check in and see if this works for you for Apple Carplay. I just acquired an Iphone 8 that I'll be using to test this with wifi...

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yeah.. mine plug is keyed..so has to be on the outside.. I have enabled additional USB ports in ALFA.. but still only 1 port will see android Auto and USB drive only.. other ports for charging only. I wonder if it's radio software..

03/04/2022
Today I tested with USB-C Ports and the Android Auto kicked in on the phone.. So I was able to switch to USB 1 the radio and then use USB drive for music on USB 2. both USB C ports are linked to USB 1 on Radio and both USB A ports are linked to USB 2. nothing is detected on USB 3.

in Alfa I changed, Body Computer
Car Configuration Change
AUX + USB + SD + EXTRA USB + EXTRA USB
Radio & Connectivity
: Number of USB Audio Sources Present
4 USB Port

For the radio & connectivity which body control network are you using? I am not finding that whether in 15 or 13-17. Are you using 18+?

Athlium

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
For the radio & connectivity which body control network are you using? I am not finding that whether in 15 or 13-17. Are you using 18+?
yes, truck is 2018 so I am using
Body Computer
MY2018 PowerNet
Car configuration change

I just checked for MY2015 PowerNet
Car configuration change,
all the same listed options available.
1658433031705.png

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks I'll look at 18's. I have the ecuconfig it was just the other one you stated changing to 4 ports.

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Checked under the 18 and still do not see the

Radio & Connectivity: Number of USB Audio Sources Present
4 USB Port

Athlium

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
update.. someone recently got in my truck and took all my cabling.. in the process, tried to get the usb cable that I routed under the hard covers of the jumpseat. Now, I don't have AA on all 4 ports anymore.. only works with 1 USB C (USB1) and 1 USB A (USB2) [same side]. I am not sure if it had stopped working just because or due to thief yanking on cable/port.

Anymore else that upgrade to this hub.. can you confirm that all 4 ports work with AA/CP?

tglodjo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just finished upgrading to a UAQ unit and decided to try the newer OEM media hub with USB-C too. I experienced the same issues others reported--power, but no device connection, and the charging stopping after several seconds. On the USB cable that connects to the back of the hub, there are two plastic wings that stick out and prevent it from being fully connected to the hub (they stop it from "clicking" in). I snipped those wings off and was able to fully plug the USB into the back of the media hub and Apple CarPlay started immediately for me. Not saying this is everyone's issue, but I highly recommend checking out if that USB cable is fully seated and locked into the hub, and if not, snip off just a bit of that plastic wing so it goes all the way in.

Image.jpegImage-1.jpeg

Last edited:

cherpman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
update.. someone recently got in my truck and took all my cabling.. in the process, tried to get the usb cable that I routed under the hard covers of the jumpseat. Now, I don't have AA on all 4 ports anymore.. only works with 1 USB C (USB1) and 1 USB A (USB2) [same side]. I am not sure if it had stopped working just because or due to thief yanking on cable/port.

Anymore else that upgrade to this hub.. can you confirm that all 4 ports work with AA/CP?

cherpman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
So I did a 5th gen console conversion. I have working all USBs and 110 outlets. Why does the 4th gen hub not work? I already have this style hub that came with my console. Is there something in the speed of the usb ports?