Uconnect 8.4 soft reboot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
This sounds like a 2018/classic Panasonic 4c UAq or UAs radio?

Yes, that's it. 2018 Big Horn with 8.4 UConnect and 6 speaker system.

They don't complete their reset as fast as a 13-17 Harmon 3c radios... on the 4c Panasonic's they aren't finished resetting until the SXM button appears again and the BuCam works/displays again (if installed). Anywhere from 5 mins to 2days for some options to show up & work.

The missing title info could be an issue with the SW/application version of the radio, or limitations with messaging if installed in an earlier 13-17 truck?

You didn't indicate what radio/Year/model this is, what year truck is, what you're source input is for media and where you're expecting to see this info?

It's on FM radio and the song title and artist name appears in center of the screen.

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
You didn't indicate what radio/Year/model this is, what year truck is, what you're source input is for media and where you're expecting to see this info?

OK, more data points to consider. I plugged in a USB stick with songs that I had ripped from CD's. I had also tagged song info, song title, song artist when I transferred the songs to the USB stick. All of this information shows up correctly and in full on the 8.4 UConnect screen. So apparently the problem with displaying information is related to the radio and not the USB connections.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963