Uconnect 8.4 Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi,
I know this has been covered before on other post, but it kinda of confusing. So sorry for asking again.
I have a 2014 Ram 1500 with the Uconnect 5.0 with bluetooth, mic on the mirror, and usb/ sd slot. I got myself a 8.4 Uconnect but I noticed that I will not be able to control the volume since I do not have steering wheel buttons. If I get this item, 2013 2014 Dodge RAM 1500 2500 3500 Center Console Heater Control Bezel New | eBay will I be able to just to take my old radio and install this bezel and the 8.4 in its place? Or will I need some special adapter or some rewiring done to install it?

Any help will be appreciated!

:favorites13:

Indaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have a couple options..

1. you could install the steering wheel audio controls and keep the existing 5.0 bezel.
2. Install steering wheel audio controls and get the oemautoparts bezel.
3. Buy the OEM 8.4 bezel, make or buy the custom harness, and buy the heater control module.

Option 3 will give you the factory look. You can get details about it here http://www.ramforum.com/f75/diy_-_oem_5_0_radio_8_4_radio_upgrade-66196/

OP
OP
PNUTLT1

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Indaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I seen that but its soo long and confusing now.
So I can just install the 8.4 Radio and the steering wheel controls and it will work with no issues?

No.. you will still get the service 911 mirror error each time you turn the radio on and the climate control button on the radio won't do anything.. it will work fine other than that though.

Rherman1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
No.. you will still get the service 911 mirror error each time you turn the radio on and the climate control button on the radio won't do anything.. it will work fine other than that though.

^ Like he said!:peace: :grd:

Cobra2top

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Brilliant Black Crew
Engine
My search function is failing me and also getting lost in that thread......is the 911 thing annoying or just something at start up? I have a 2015 5.0 with Bluetooth and want to add the 8.4 as I had it in my 300c and miss it (more then I thought I would have!).

I was hoping for a plug and play with steering wheel controls and 8.4 for now and down road add volume button and better fitting surround.....now second guessing.

Indaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 911 mirror error is just an annoyance, once you turn on the radio, it will pop up. Just tap ok and you won't see it again until you turn the truck off and back on again. Your existing 5.0 heater and AC controls will work fine, you just won't be able to adjust it from the radio. Oemautoparts sells a small cable to eliminate the 911 mirror error for 50 bucks, else you can make your own for like 5 or 6 bucks. You must have the steering wheel audio controls though.

nyciti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I seen that but its soo long and confusing now.
So I can just install the 8.4 Radio and the steering wheel controls and it will work with no issues?

Come on its covered in like the first 5 pgs!! Dont be lazy!! These guys did a TON of work to figure this all out for us.

With that being said, the 911 error you can click ok or wait 5 seconds and it goes away till the next power off/on of the truck.