Uconnect 8.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jloucks742

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
does anyone else have a significant lag when switching songs with iPhone connected via Bluetooth and/or usb? When I switch the song on my phone itself it is instant but through steering wheel controls or touch screen it is sometimes up to 5+ seconds before it changes songs. Any ideas?

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I have the 4C system in my car and I don't have any lags. I did have bluetooth issues. You might want to either check on Uconnects site for radio updates or there is issues with your phone. What Iphone do you have. I have a spare Iphone 6 but havent tested it on my 8.4 system

OP
OP
jloucks742

jloucks742

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have the 4C system in my car and I don't have any lags. I did have bluetooth issues. You might want to either check on Uconnects site for radio updates or there is issues with your phone. What Iphone do you have. I have a spare Iphone 6 but havent tested it on my 8.4 system

It’s a iPhone 7 currently up to date. I believe there is a update available on uconnects website but I’ll probably take it into the dealer since I don’t really have a way to install it myself

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
all you need is a computer and a 16gb usb stick. Thats how I did mine

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Yeah no computer that’s the issue. 2017 and I have more technology in my truck then I do in my home

ahhh LOL then the dealer but there it will cost you so bring money.

Deki

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Dude where do you live? I'm sure you can find a member in your area that can just download it for you and let you borrow a 16gb flash drive for an hour. If you don't I can mail you one just mail it back.

OP
OP
jloucks742

jloucks742

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Dude where do you live? I'm sure you can find a member in your area that can just download it for you and let you borrow a 16gb flash drive for an hour. If you don't I can mail you one just mail it back.

Sacramento, CA

Hey whatever works!

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sacramento, CA

Hey whatever works!
I can't see your profile on Taptalk. What year is your truck and what firmware are you currently running? You can find your firmware by going into your settings menu.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Deki

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Sacramento, CA

Hey whatever works!

Put out a feller out there. If nobody helps, I can download it manually, stick it on a thumb drive, and send it to you. It's much cheaper than going to a dealer. It would be much easier if you got a local guy to do it but if you don't have any luck, I got you.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I live near Sacramento and I was going to update your firmware for you. Unfortunately your truck already has the latest firmware version installed. It probably did an OTA (over the air) update. If you took it to the dealer they would basically just reload the same firmware you already have if they would even do it at all. Since you are experiencing this lag issue and you know it's not phone related there are a few things you might do that could help it. They don't always help but it's worth a shot. Step one would be to disconnect the battery in the truck for at least 30 minutes. For some reason in some cases it helps little glitches to let the truck just kind of reset. You can also do a soft reset on the radio by pushing your volume and browse buttons and holding them for around 5 Seconds. There's a small chance those two things might work I would try that first. You can also go into your dealer program menu by pushing temp up temp down and defrost and holding them and from there you can do a hard reset. I don't recommend doing that unless you absolutely feel you need too. It does cure issues sometimes but I have seen cases in the past where doing a hard reset has actually made the radio worse. Was hoping I could be of more help but unfortunately since you already have the latest firmware we are limited on what we can do. Good luck.

OP
OP
jloucks742

jloucks742

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I live near Sacramento and I was going to update your firmware for you. Unfortunately your truck already has the latest firmware version installed. It probably did an OTA (over the air) update. If you took it to the dealer they would basically just reload the same firmware you already have if they would even do it at all. Since you are experiencing this lag issue and you know it's not phone related there are a few things you might do that could help it. They don't always help but it's worth a shot. Step one would be to disconnect the battery in the truck for at least 30 minutes. For some reason in some cases it helps little glitches to let the truck just kind of reset. You can also do a soft reset on the radio by pushing your volume and browse buttons and holding them for around 5 Seconds. There's a small chance those two things might work I would try that first. You can also go into your dealer program menu by pushing temp up temp down and defrost and holding them and from there you can do a hard reset. I don't recommend doing that unless you absolutely feel you need too. It does cure issues sometimes but I have seen cases in the past where doing a hard reset has actually made the radio worse. Was hoping I could be of more help but unfortunately since you already have the latest firmware we are limited on what we can do. Good luck.

Thanks for the tips. I actually held the volume and browse/enter button down to reset it and it is working much better!

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the tips. I actually held the volume and browse/enter button down to reset it and it is working much better!
Glad to hear it helped a little. Not sure if you've already try ed it but it also sometimes helps if you completely un pair the phone from the radio and then pair it again.

OP
OP
jloucks742

jloucks742

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Glad to hear it helped a little. Not sure if you've already try ed it but it also sometimes helps if you completely un pair the phone from the radio and then pair it again.

That was on of the first things I tried. I almost always have my phone plugged in anyway to charge it so I am just playing music through the usb plug. I think it may be time for a new iPhone cord as well since I think I’ve had the same one in my truck when I bought my last ram new in 2013

Dark Knight 500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
does anyone else have a significant lag when switching songs with iPhone connected via Bluetooth and/or usb? When I switch the song on my phone itself it is instant but through steering wheel controls or touch screen it is sometimes up to 5+ seconds before it changes songs. Any ideas?

Got the same problem that’s been ******* me off since I updated my iPhone 6s to iOS12. Phone works great I might add, I have an update available on Uconnect website, hopefully it’ll help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro